HAIER Heat Pump Reviews

"Better than expected"

Got a good deal on this. Was a little skeptical. I get heat at -30. Plus I got the rebate. Less on the hydro bill. Really quiet. I'd recommend Haier to anyone. I hope to put another one in the upper floor. It will be Haier for sure.

B. Lemieux

Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada

"Nice!"

Got this installed 1 month ago. Wow, great heat and throws it a long distance. Super quiet. Power bill is already down.

Lex Walton

Miramichi, New Brunswick, Canada

"Awesome equipment"

Better than I expected. It still throws good heat at -20 C. Cools 2 floors of my house. Great value. It has one small issue and they called me right back. I would highly recommend Haier.

Cad Wallader

Saint John, NB

"Instructions Manual"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Using the unit 3 first years, unit not used the last 2 years. Instructions manual has been lost. Impossible to set hours on zapper. Works on cold and heat mode, what are other modes for? Possible to get an instructions manual in french? If not available, I will have English one translated. Thx

P. Goudreault

Longueuil Quebec

"Another Review 2 Years Later Still More Probs"

I explained in 2011 that we had gone through three fans. The installer, a professional replaced them at no cost. In the fall of 2012 the 4th fan failed and Tom (the installer) brought a new fan which was not the Haier fan. He bought U.S. made fans and adapted them to the Haier fan mount. Today the temperature was up to 100'F and the Haier failed again, this time the fan was working great but the compressor was not pumping so the house went up to 85'F by 3PM. Called Tom, he lives nearby, and he came within 15 minutes. Replaced the Chinese capacitor with a Mexican made capacitor plus a U.S. made stare cap. Tom told me installing Haiers was the biggest mistake he's ever made. Further, he said Haier has never supplied him with warranty spares (I.E. he has been paying for the parts himself buying them from local distributors). Do not buy a Haier, they are junk. In the fall I will be replacing this piece of crap even though it is only 4 years old. My last heat pump, a Carrier, lasted nearly 25 years.

Fred