Goodman Heat Pump Reviews

"Ms."

Purchased home in 2006. Goodman Heat Pump 6 yrs old. I don't know if previous owner had any repairs but we have already had 1 due to leak in tubing. Now we are in the process of replacing the coil in the air handler. Goodman Mgr Co. said part out of warranty and would not replace. Even if part in warranty the installation charge would be $550.00 to replace coils.

C Strahan

Wetumpka, Al

"Retail Advisor for Greater Raleigh Region"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Very loud and runs all the time. Have had two service calls so far when freon leaked out twice. Now the fan sounds like an old model t Ford. Came new with the house. Should I just jerk them both out and go with another brand or suffer with these on again and off again units?

G. Maynard

Raleigh, NC

"Completely satisfied"

I have owned my Goodman unit for a little over 11 years, and I am completely satisfied with the way it heats and cools. In that period of time, I have had a total of (4) service calls. One was to have a fan motor replaced, that was covered under the warranty, which, by the way, was a 10 year warranty, that covered all functional parts. The second was for a bad relay, which I believe cost me a total of $65.00. I normally do most of the maintenance work, such as cleaning coils. keeping drain lines clear, etc. One time I had the company that installed the unit to perform this work, and paid $85.00 for that. The unit has never had to be recharged with freon. I don't know why so many have had so many problems on this forum. The only reason I could think of, is perhaps the contractors may be cutting corners somewhere?

P Etheridge

Milton, FL

"Bad news"

The unit I have did not last a year. I will not run more than a few days without failing. The coils are rotting and this thing is only five years old. If you love paying the HVAC contractor and the electric utility this is the brand for you. It is no wonder they do not put a badge on the units.

Ray Worsham

Central Texas

"36 year old Goettl finally gives up the ghost"

After 3 years of patching, this 36 year old Goettl 2.5 ton package unit finally started short cycling. To be honest about it, everything other than the coils had been replaced. Just a tribute to the ORIGINAL Goettls… During the last compressor replacement 5 years ago, the bozo serviceman left the cap tubes lying against each other and wore holes/leaks in 'em over 2 years, hence, my going up on the roof for the last 3 years and sleeving leaking cap tubes and recharging the system every summer. I had to decide whether to spend another $300- $500 on a replacement compressor and associated labor/parts costs (besides finding an a/c tech that knew more than me!)and replacing the old unit this spring. Replaced it with a Goodman GPH1330H (seer 13) with a Copeland (Emerson) scroll compressor and 2 speed blower. So far the Goodman unit works like a charm. The scroll compressor is so quiet, you can barely hear it over the noise of air flow from the ducts. Frankly, I've had more problems figuring out how to program the digital thermostat, but it's coming along. -Ric

Ric