Goodman Heat Pump Reviews

"My Goodman Heat Pump"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

This unit lasted 10 years without any trouble, then all of a sudden the compressor went out. We are going to get another heat pump instead of putting more money in this one.

P Swackhammer

Ohio

"Heat pump dont cool at all"

We have had a lot of trouble with it sents we got it . I think the compresser is out again I wish some new how to fix it right, we cant afford to keepfixing it

D Gazaway

Wilson, Oklahoma

"It's Good, Man"

We had a Train unit before and it couldn't heat or cool the far rooms of the house. Cold in the winter and hot in the summer. The Goodman works very well. So far so good. The Train had a 10 year warranty and the compressor went out at 9 years. They wanted $1500-2000 to put a new compressor in with no warranty. The Goodman was $2500 installed with a 15 year warranty. I'll get back to you in a few years.

Don James

Pittsboro, NC

"Good unit for a good price"

Bought an existing 12 year old home with 3 zones, all Goodman heat pumps, all running like a top. As a mechanical engineer, I've done the research like some, but I've also been involved with investigating failures. As some have said on this post, most of the failures I have seen over the last 20-years that weren't "bad out of the box" (and anybody can get one of those), were the cause of the installer. I can't count the number of failures I see caused by undersized ductwork or incorrectly installed refrigerant line sets trapping oil, or incorrect refrigerant charges causing unit failures. There are manufacturers installation instructions for a reason. So when these do finally fail, I will replace them with Goodman, with a quality mechanic for a proper installation.

Russ

Fayetteville, NC

"Very Disgruntled Customer"

I have had nothing but problems with the Goodman mini-split ductless units that I had installed. Both units have needed repairs almost yearly, some repairs have been very costly. I would not recommend Goodman units. I had to spend $573.00 today on one unit and it is still not working correctly

Janice Fulton