Goodman Heat Pump Reviews

"Really?"

Bought this unit three years ago. Nothing but headaches. Works fine until you really need heat. As long as it is only 30 degrees out, it will heat. Once the temperature drops below 30 degrees and the heat strip should engage, there's nothing but cold air. Service people come out every year and replace the "board". Every year it happens again. I not only recommend you don't buy one, if you own one get rid of it asap!

Susan Parker

Clanton, AL

"Proper installation is the key?"

I had my heat pump and attic air handler installed in June 2009 by professional installers. As I write this a new, different system is being installed today. Since I had the Goodman system installed I've had the outdoor fan replaced due to a bad bearing from a fan that is obviously not balanced. You can see the whole outside unit shake when it runs. The capacitor and component board had to be replaced, and the upstairs air handler coil has leaked twice. I disagree with a reviewer that says "proper installation is the key". Proper installation doesn't mean anything when the components are poor quality from the manufacturer. The Goodman heat pump was serviced twice a year since it was installed. Find out the actual manufacturer of any heating and cooling system being installed in your home and stay away from Goodman!

K. Polson

Plant City, FL

"Heat Pump Mania!"

My heat pump works great! I bought it after a friend suggested that I buy one. I got my Goodman heat pump about 8 years ago and it still goes strong. It does a great job and keeping my heated areas warm in the winter and the cool parts of my house cool in the summer. I got this brand because when I had looked up reviews, people always said that Goodman was the best and now I know why! I have never had it repaired or replaced. I only added just recently heating and cooling central air system because I need an upgrade. I think, though, with even just having the Goodman heat pump, it did wonders for my house to keep us warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

Greensboro, NC.

"The best Heat pump I've ever owned"

Recently, I'd been having trouble with my heat pump. Sometimes it would work and other times it wouldn't work at all. So, after many repairs on my old one and hundreds of dollars later I decided to get a new one. I did my research to find the best one I could. I finally came upon the Goodman Gree, it had wonderful reviews, and I couldn't find anything negative about it. I've owned the heat pump for six months now and it works like a dream. No problems whatsoever with it. I love how it works 24/7, it never shuts off or just stops working at all. I haven't found anything I dislike about this product yet. Though, I will say it was a bit pricey, but i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I would buy this brand again, and would recommend this product to a friend. No problems with it whatsoever.

Aurora IL

"Very good heat pump, would recommend"

I bought this product 9 months ago. So far it has been great. I am very happy with it. First off, it comes with a great 5 year compressor and parts warranty. It also has revolutionary heat exchangers which make it work better. It is very quiet compared to other units I have had. It is also much more efficient than other models and so far has been very reliable. I also love that it takes up much less space than other units. It can fit into spaces that other units can not. As far as units go, it looks better than most of the other models and is not an eye sore. It is a very durable and looks like it's built very steadily. Overall I am very happy with this product and would recommended it to all my friends and family. If I ever need a new one, I would go with another Goodman

Raleigh, NC