Goodman Heat Pump Reviews

"Builder grade"

There's a reason builders use Goodman heat pumps in new mid-priced homes and use local no name contractors to install them. They're cheap and they're cheap. The last 2 homes I purchased have Goodman equipment and while the warranty covers parts after a year the installers quoted outrageous labor charges for repairs. The last one was for a system only 14 months old. Before you buy another home, go in the attic or crawl space and get the manufacturer's and installer's names and check the reviews.

Victor

Marietta, GA

"P.O.S."

Do not buy a Goodman heat pump A/C, it's useless you get a 10-year warranty. Mine has been in for 9 years and has not run a full year without major repairs. Most every major part has been replaced and now when the auxiliary kicks in the breaker kicks. Luckily it was installed by a good dealer and they fix it as needed. Still I get the larger power bills because of this P.O.S.

norton

"The worst heat pump company"

The heat pump is junk. Had it 3 months and it quit. That was 2010 and it has been nothing but trouble ever since. Now the compressor has quit, and Goodman does not care. Their answer is don't call me, we don't care. Never, never, never buy a Goodman heat pump. Going to sue the contractors and Goodman.

gary riddle

Greenville, TN

This unit is junk, two years old and it needs $800.00 worth of work done. Called Goodman and they basically said tough, it's yours. Had three service techs out to check it and every one of them said it's junk. It's sad that people don't care if they sell junk .

Bruce maw

South Carolina

"Goodman = Lemon"

What a piece of junk. Our Goodman heat pump / AC is only 2 1/2 years old and it broke down. The unit was builder-installed with our new retirement home. We also followed all suggested maintenance schedules using registered HVAC techs. The service tech just left after two hours of trouble shooting. The bottom line is a fried control board, chaffed wires and a faulty pressure switch. The pressure switch is a welded component which requires a second service call and a tear down of the unit to complete the repair. I do not know the final cost yet, but regardless, there should not be any repairs required this early in the life of the unit. After being advised of the repairs needed, I went online and found this site. I wish I had done more research earlier. I also checked the Better Business Bureau and found "hundreds" of complaints. Stay away from Goodman.

B. McWhinney