Goodman Heat Pump Reviews

"Goodman SUCKS"

Five years ago I bought my second heat pump since the compressor on the first one blew up just right after the warranty expired. Now with my second heat pump, a 10 year parts and labor warranty and just 5 and 1/2 years old, the cooling coil in the heat pump developed a leak. The rep working for Goodman told me it would cost over $1,900 to replace/repair. The extended 5 year warranty means absolutely nothing. Goodman would do nothing to help me under the warranty. I have requested a full refund of the $100 cost for the extended warranty. After 5 months and many conversations I am still waiting. Save money and headaches, never buy Goodman products go with a local company that will stand behind everything such as Atlas Butler in Columbus, OH. Goodman sucks!!!!!

Bob & Linda Hoback

Columbus, OH

"Owned three Goodmans – New Builds"

Somewhat Satisfied

I built 2 houses (Owner/Builder) in Marion County, Florida (2002; 2008) Building a 3rd in 2017; Will probably choose Goodman again; 4th unit purchased for father-in-law which we installed and prepared for professional to connect. But, his son shoved Freon supply lines forcefully into the attic over to the air handler and the unit doesn't function properly. (The lines may be pinched, leaking Freon; this is the only explanation I can think of why unit won't cool); Need a professional to install the system and get them to register for warranties, which is the only issue installing yourself. Otherwise, systems have performed well for me; regular maintenance is required (bleach in drain lines, filters, and the unit may need capacitor after several years which is a common reason starting fails one day ($80-120 service call).

J. Herm

Marion County Florida

"Died after 3 years!"

The heat pump has been serviced 4 times in the first 3 years since installation and now it officially needs replacement. Stay away from this brand!

Chris

"POS"

If I could get ahold of a person that owns this piece of shit company, I would get the electric chair for what I would do to them. I have two units. Now I have to buy 2 new units, because I have already had coils replaced twice in both units. The house was built in 2007!

alex

South Carolina

"Great product"

Had a Goodman a couple of years and the blower motor bearings wore out. My dealer sent out a tech. Within an hour they got it going on low speed and replaced the motor two days later. Great service! Anything mechanical will fail but the warranty and service is what matters! All systems fail but who stands behind them! I found Goodman does!

Mike Lawson