Goodman Heat Pump Reviews

"MSG12 model disappointing"

Nothing but problems over the less than 5 years installed. Short warranty and high replacement cost for burnt out compressor. Control board failure after 1 year parts warranty expired. $1200 to replace condenser, $2000 for new Dakin unit with 10 year parts warranty.

Bob Lancaster

Mena, AR

"Goodman is a terrible name for a terrible company"

I bought my home new in 2004 in 2007 I came home from work into a house that was 91 degrees. I called a repairman who came out and charged me about $400.00 to charge my unit because it was low on Freon. I called cheapman they offered me a whole whopping $77.00 for my inconvenience. Since then I've spent probably $2,000.00 in repairs until the freon completely leaked all the way out. My repairman said it wasn't worth filling this year as it would cost almost $800.00 to do so. So I getting ready to have a Trane installed. One day next week I'm going to get in touch with an attorney to see what kind of civil matter I can take against them. If anyone has any suggestions please email me. Thanks and remember to tell all your friends and coworkers to never ever buy a goodman product.

Steve Little

Springfield

"Complete a piece of junk"

We had the unit installed in October of 2010, now it is being thrown in the garbage August 17, 2017. Ever since it was installed it has been a money pit, after the first year parts began to break every season. The part was covered under warranty but not the labor and being without air conditioning and heat until it could be fixed. Just recently all the Freon was gone due to rub through and after paying $1000 dollars to fix (April 2017) it I vowed no more money was to be spent on that unit. We smelled and electrical fire recently and could not find the source until today. The old unit was being hauled away because it wasn't working properly again and the men asked me to take a look- yep you guessed it, the unit had been on fire. I have never been so disappointed with a brand until now. This is more than 'they don't make them like they used to'. I should take this company to court.

L. Edwards

Wilmington, NC

"Works Great and Reliable"

Had a Goodman 14seer heat pump system installed in January 2013. It replaced the original HVAC system installed when the house was built and was turning into a maintenance and operating nightmare. Most satisfied. Cut my electric bill by 1/3. Never a problem. I read people complaining – believe most of their problems were because of a crappy installation. If the contractor isn't good sure you'll have problems. All I've had to do was change the battery in the thermostat. The contractor recommended a certain brand and rated air filter and to change every month. These filters are not expensive. I do that and never a problem.

Dave Leffingwell

Copperas Cove, TX

"Crappy!"

I just had the outer coil replaced in my downstairs unit. That went bad and all the r22 refrigerant had leaked out. Total repair cost $1100.00. I am so lucky as I have 2 of these units at my house due to 2 zone heating/cooling. Can't wait for the other one to go out. The unit that went bad was 9 years old. I was told things just aren't made like they used to be….really? Very very disappointed with this product…will not buy another one.

LAS