Goodman Furnace Reviews

"Can't find my filter"

Been great for almost 30 years. I have a GU125-4 and can't find the filter. Any help? Not in the normal places.

J k porter

Chicago, IL

"Awesome"

I have installed Goodman for 10 years now and they built my reputation to what it is today (great). Goodman was junk in the early years after John Goodman bought Janitrol! (We called it Junkatrol). The new designs are superior! I have installed over 700 Goodman products (just me, a small contractor) and my warranty is close to zero! People that have issues probably had an unqualified tech put it in and the install is very important! How many of you that have problems picked the cheapest company you could find?? I will match a Goodman against Carrier crap or Lennox garbage any day! You can ask my 100% satisfied customers what they think of Goodman! I live in Colorado where it is actually cold!!

MBaldwin

Colorado Springs, CO

"3 years old and junk. Stay away."

So I hired a 30-year-plus person to install a furnace in my house. My furnace is 3 years old and I've replaced the mother board, safety switches, freaking wires, horrible. I spent over $1000 in just service calls. I live in Ohio and I tell you what…junk! I would have it fixed ($180), then 1 month later I'll wake up and my house is 45 degrees again. So I'm calling service again. Junk, junk, junk. Stay away. Buy something else. Waste of money.

Nathan

Findlay, OH

"Make sure you have a quality company install unit"

I have been a Goodman dealer for four years now and have been in business for 32 years. Along the way I have used several different name brand units and the Goodmans that are available today are outstanding. We are very quality driven on installations so we have zero problems with Goodmans. To the people that are not happy it is sad that your HVAC company installing your units are basically not good at their jobs! These negative reviews are not Goodman's fault, it is your HVAC company. Going back after 5 years I could not give a very good review for Goodman but the products currently offered are by far the best value you can get!

tom

Fenton, MI

"Total junk"

I had a high efficiency unit installed 5/30/13. Within 8 months the condensate fan required replacement due to a design flaw. The replacement part looked exactly like the redesigned part. Today, 2/11/16, the unit would not fire. I called for service and was told it was a dirty filter which I have replaced routinely every 3 months since new. I was told that the over-limit switch was toast. $347 dollars later I was told the warranty does not apply. Goodman does not appear to honor the warranty, despite still being within 5 years and maintaining the thing as required. I wish I had my old unit back, it was much more reliable despite being 28 years old. Goodman is junk! Save your $$$ and lower your stress level and do yourself a favor – buy any other brand but Goodman.

Daniel Craig