Goodman Furnace Reviews

"Garbage"

I bought the furnace new, and 1 year later it needed a part. A couple of years later, it got red tagged from the gas and electric company. They said I was lucky my house didn't blow up! A couple of years later, after fixing it, it messed up again! I was told by three different furnace repairmen that this furnace is junk! Do yourself a favor and don't purchase a Goodman furnace!!

April

Hammond, Indiana

"Two C02 leaks in 1 year!"

The fire department just left our home after we called them due to 2 of our C02 monitors going off. Upon entering our home, they tested for leaks and immediately found that there is, in fact, a leak coming from the Goodman furnace we purchased 1 year ago. This, after another alarm which went off 9 months ago which prompted the gas man we called to ask us how the hell we are still alive. Whatever you do, for the health and safety of your loved ones, do not buy from this company!

Rich

Toronto, ON, Canada

"Installers"

We are Goodman and Trane dealers in northern Illinois. We see no difference in the amount of warranty calls between the two brands. We have minimal amounts. It is a fact that most of the warranty calls are generated by poor installation practices. What never ceases to amaze me are the misunderstandings related to what is covered and what is not covered under the factory warranty (usually just parts), and then where the dealer's warranty starts and ends and what that covers. So again, that falls to the dealer's responsibility to clarify so that there will be no misunderstandings. Unfortunately, most dealers are not rocket scientists. I came to that conclusion by reading the responses that most dealers, and even the complainers, have written. Most cannot spell, but yet you are hiring these people to install these intricate pieces of equipment in your home that you work so hard to pay for? My advice to everyone reading this is to do research on the dealer that you are considering, and do more research on the dealer than on the equipment. No manufacturer wants to build junk. They don't! It becomes junk, though, when some cheap "contractor", side jobber, or buddy installs it in your home. Goodman and Trane build good units. It is the untrained people out in the field that call themselves experts that are causing 99% of the bad reviews. Pick a contractor that has no spelling errors in his bid to you. Pick a contractor that "spells" out where the manufacturers warranty starts and ends, and where his starts and ends. Pick a contractor that writes down all he will do for you and how he is going to do it. Pick a contractor that has credentials other than a cheap price. In this business, nothing is more true than the age old-adage "You get what you pay for."

D. Lombardo

Grayslake, IL

"Upside down, still working great"

Couldn't afford to have someone install a furnace but had to heat the house. I bought a Goodman online, it cost less than half what the dealer wanted but I bought an updraft instead of a downdraft, high efficiency afue 92.1. Modified and installed upside down, 3 years later it is still working great without any issues.

bob

Eugene, OR

"I've installed over 480 Goodman furnaces with almost no problems."

My companies have installed over 480 Goodman furnaces in the last 10 years with almost zero, yes zero, problems. A lot of problems come from bad installations or installing in bad environments. Example: not reducing the moisture in excessively wet basements. Yes, occasionally an electronic part goes bad on any brand. And beware: some furnace companies write bad reviews as a homeowner to discredit Goodman because they want you to buy the expensive, well-known brands. Amana is a great brand, right? It is a Goodman furnace with an Amana sticker.

Steve Sorenson