Goodman Furnace Reviews

"Do not purchase a Goodman"

Same experience as the very dissatisfied writer of 12/10/14. I'm at my wit's end with this pos. The motherboard was replaced a few days ago for an ongoing problem from the time we purchased it in 2011. The problem is finally solved. In the few days since the repair, there's a new problem – no heat until it decides to work. Never again!

Janet Larner

United States

"Doesn't matter which one I have because they all suck"

This is the worst company and the worst furnace ever! I have had problems from day one! For 7 years now, every year, we have to call and have the blower motor, the mother board or the gas valve fixed! Every year! Our furnace guy was just here a month ago trying to fix it again and he went through 4 gas valves before the last one finally worked, and for only a month! Now it's starting to act up again! Wtf Goodman, you suck! Fix your problems! I can't believe you're still in business!

lisa Hindman

Gladwin, MI

"Worst unit ever"

In April of 2010, we purchased a Goodman furnace/AC unit. It has never worked properly from day one. In January of 2012 there was no Freon (supposedly the technician said someone must have stolen it!) He had to return twice before discovering holes, resulting in over $1400 in repairs in one year. Goodman and the installer/seller won't do anything about this. Now, in 2014 there is again no Freon. What a rip off. Goodman replied, "Too bad". Unfortunately, we are Canadians trying to deal long-distance with an American company and repair people. Let's hope the new repair company can at least repair for good this rotten piece of s**t.

Catherine Tran

Ontario, Canada

"Great product when installed correctly and serviced"

I have been a heating and cooling contractor for 30 years and have installed and serviced all brand of furnaces. I have found that, more often than not, the problems that most people have with their furnace is either due to a poor installation or not having them serviced – mainly, replacing filters in a timely manner. Then, when the customer starts having problems, all of a sudden they say it's a piece of junk. Many of the parts on Goodman furnaces are the same as many of the other brands. United Technology makes most of the boards for many other brands, Fasco makes the inducement blower, Robertshaw or Honeywell makes the gas valves, Texas Instruments makes many of the other components. The same with the ignitors. All in all, Goodman furnaces are a very well-built furnace, and I have never had problems with Goodman's customer service or warranty. I have even had parts that were out of warranty still covered weeks, and even a couple of months, after the warranty was over.

Chuck

Indiana

"No complaints, except one"

I was a maintenance tech at an apartment complex. I ordered a furnace and condenser unit, and when they arrived, I had to modify the furnace in order to install it (the opening for return air was on the bottom, and I needed it on the back). No big deal. I did the modification to the box so that the unit would pull return air from the bottom as well as the back. In the process of doing so, I noticed that the heat exchanger had sustained significant damage at some point. Now, I know you are thinking that I did it. I was being watched by someone else who can verify that I came nowhere near the exchanger, nor did I use anything that could cause this damage. It appeared that one of the tubes in the heat exchanger had something jammed completely through it at some point. I had to complete the installation, as it was for an elderly couple and the heat was sweltering. I did not hook up the gas, because if I did and they ran it there would be significant chance of CO poisoning. I had my manager contact the supplier, who put her in contact with Goodman, and if I remember correctly everything turned out just fine. I see a lot of negative reviews on here. I have installed numerous Goodman units, including one on a small Mexican restaurant that ran constantly due to the heat load, and I can say this – when installed correctly to ensure no moisture, noncondensables or other impurities are introduced into the line set, when proper voltage, etc. is used, these units work just fine. Goodmans that I installed a couple years ago are still running strong. As for capacitors going bad, that is considered normal wear and tear and they are cheap to replace. I have yet to find one that broke down from poor craftsmanship, and prefer them over all other budget-based AC systems, including Gibson.

Brandon