Goodman Furnace Reviews

"Not a good value"

The warranty is rather poor. The service is poor. Repair is too frequent and very costly. Home insulation is very good but the furnace is not very efficient.

Rich Bommer

Kalamazoo, MI

"Love this furnace for powerful use."

Somewhat Satisfied

I've had this furnace in my house since before I even moved in. So the furnace has been in the home for at least 3 years now. I like that it naturally heats up the house quickly and conveniently. Its able to reach all rooms in the house. there are even rooms where there are no vents and it still manages to heat up the area. The furnace is also quite quite as it is being used. Being located right next to my room, it also doesn't over heat and make it too hot for me. I however dislike how it cuts off randomly sometimes and I have to manually relight the burner. I have not had to repair or replace any parts of it, but because I have to manually relight it often I think I may eventually have to. But i would buy it again and recommend it to a friend because it heats up the house so quickly.

los angeles

"Never again"

I had this installed December 26, 2014, and it has been the worst decision I could have made. The installers/techs have been out several times to "tweak" the thermostat & I don't feel like it is running right yet. The furnace will run for awhile, sometimes it reaches the requested temperature, sometimes it doesn't. It shuts down for a few seconds and the next thing I know something is running again. I also installed a heat pump at the same time. My old furnace worked, the heat pump did not. I totally regret this purchase. I feel I have made a $7,000 mistake. I would never recommend this to anyone, much less a friend.

LuAnn

Grand Forks ND

"Kicks off a lot"

The furnace will quit blowing hot air. It has done it numerous times and I have had the installer out 3-4 times in 3 years, not including 3 calls on my Goodman ac unit. Just got home from vacation it's out again. UPDATE 3/4/15: 4th time in 2 weeks the furnace is out when we get home. Not real happy here, I definitely got a lemon.

kevin hickory

United States

"Terrible furnace!"

Not only is this is the worst, most unreliable, pos furnace, it's the worst product in general I have ever seen. I have lived in my house for 8 years, the house and furnace are 10 years old. The furnace has had as many repairs as it is old. That is unacceptable, especially for an appliance that people rely on to keep warm in the winter! I have had 3 different repairmen through the years. One tried to tell me that Goodmans were pretty good! That was the last time I used him! The people who manufacture junk like this and still sleep at night should be drawn and quartered. I honestly can't believe that this company is still in business. It must feel good to take people's money in exchange for the equivalent of a mediocre boat anchor. You should be ashamed, Goodman; your product is 100% garbage. Word to the wise, people looking for a new furnace – run as far and as fast away from anything Goodman.

kirk