Goodman Air Conditioner Reviews

"Technician here"

First, the post below is not accurate. I have never seen flame sensors continually break nor hot surface igniters constantly break on any furnace and that includes Goodman. This is obviously from an untrained technician or handyman. Second, every unit made has bad reviews but what about the good reviews? Rarely does anyone write those. Ok, local distributors will not warranty parts from online purchases at all. Just do your homework and find a reputable contractor. I work on plenty of old ass Goodman's that are still cooling and heating just fine. Buy the best parts and labor warranty you can afford

Soni

Birmingham

"Goodman ac"

Sent me a unit that had no gas in it. Come to find out, condenser had a leak. Gave us new condenser, but had to pay another $1,500 to repair.

spenncer kneeland

Key West, FL

"If you love fixing it"

Neutral

If you're a handyman, you can save by buying your own Goodman hvac unit/equipment online. But don't expect more than a 5 year parts warranty (unless you're nate certified) because they won't honor their warranties past 5 years for do it your selfers. Their equipment can save you money, but it costs- example- don't expect their evap coils to last longer than 8 years. They make them from aluminum vs copper to save money, but they also perforate easier and in less time. Compressors – from my experience you can expect a Goodman compressor to last 5-8 years. Cheaper to just buy a new $1,500 outdoor unit than repair it. Heat exchangers – I don't recommend a Goodman gas furnace – they require alot of maintenance – commonly the igniter will break (buy a half dozen of those), the flame sensor breaks (buy a half dozen of them also). The circuit board ( have an extra on hand also) will go out when it is 13 degrees on Friday night. Been there done that on all of the above. Goodman's don't hold up like Carrier, but then you can't buy carrier online as easy as you can Goodman units and Carrier costs more, but you can expect 20 years without even a service call with a good Carrier unit. It all depends if you're a fix-it guy. If you are, you can save with Goodman. If you're not, you're gonna pay the same as a Carrier, just over time rather than up front, plus the headache of needing a service tech at 2 am Sunday morning when it is 3 degrees outside. Been there.

G.Bairgvist

Birmingham , AL

"Goodman should be renamed Badman"

I just had a home built from the ground up, after much sacrificing and saving for years. The builder used Goodman ac units for the bottom and top floors. The top floor unit gave me issues from the day I moved in and the repair guy had to come like 3 three times before he finally was able to "rig" it up enough to work. That should have been enough to send me running to the builder to exchange the units out with another brand, but I thought it was mostly the repair guy, because he was saying those are not very good units, blah blah blah, so I just chalked it up to him being a lazy, money hungry dude, but looks like now he was right, because now the other unit was blowing hot air this week and a trusted ac repairman came and told me the damn thing has a leak causing the Freon to disappear. I can't recall the name of the part because I am at work right now and don't have my receipt here with me. But whatever the case, maybe it is too early for anything to be broken or worn out, as I have only been in the home 3 years! This is ridiculous. And some kind of warranty they have because they pay for the part, but I am responsible for the labor and Freon, which is around $650.00. Man, I really dislike this company. I will never buy any of their products again and advise you to do the same.

Kaye Williams

Texas

"Compressor went out in 1 year!"

I bought a 300k town home that had a Goodman ac installed. I cannot believe after 1 year the compressor went out! These things are supposed to last for 15 years or more! Warranty does cover it, but not the labor, which cost me $1000! If I had the money, I would have just got another brand!!!

Pamela