Goodman Air Conditioner Reviews

"GOOD UNITS"

I'm in Florida and I repair and install A/C units, I personally have two 3 1/2 Goodman units at my place of business for at least 10 years. The building has no insulation, and its made out of metal, which are very hard on A/C's no matter what brand. After reading some of your complaints it sounds to me like some of you just had shitty companies out to service your units, and it sounds to me like some units are undersized which builders tend to do sometimes. Be careful about companies (techs) bad mouthing other brands and other companies just to sell you a complete unit so they can make more commission, my two sons work for a big company here in town and this companies motto is sell, sell, sell!!! I went to a house to give a second opion which I do alot and another big company had told them the Goodman unit which was 4 years old was a piece of junk and they would sell them a new Trane unit for $6500.00. They got lucky and got my number from one of my long time customers, so I went out and found out by the serial number that it was under warranty and repaired it for $300.00 that was 3 years ago and the unit runs great so far. Always get at least 3 different quotes and ask allot of questions. Needles to say I have gotten allot of referrals from this family. Face it Americans, no matter what brand of air conditioners or appliances you buy. THEY JUST DON'T MAKE THEM TO LAST ANYMORE!!!! As a final comment, remember that servicing you're A/C every 6 months for $89.00 in my area, will go a long way towards a long lasting and efficient unit. Be advised make sure you ask questions and keep an eye on the tech for they will do an incomplete job to get to the next job.

PAUL M.

Naples, FL

"Goodman 2.5 ton split unit"

I purchased a Goodman Central split unit, electric heat. I have had 4 service calls the first year. Now I'm having the 5th service call because it is freezing up again. I have had 2 Goodman units and the first one had a cracked heat exchanger. When I can afford to replace this I know I will never buy one of their units again. Others have told me there Goodman unit was great but I have had nothing but trouble with both of them that I have owned. Burn me twice never a third time.

Steve Mcclure

Huntingdon, TN

"Mr. Bob Robinson"

I'm a HVAC contractor who has owned a Goodman Furnace & A/C system for over 10 years now. I have never had any problems and the system performance is great. I have installed thousands of Goodman Heaters & Air Conditioner over the years and have had almost no call backs and receive letters from many happy customers thanking me for a job well done and for a very good price. As in every business there are hacks, liars, and cheats. They are there to take advantage of consumers and / or general contractors who don't want to pay a fair price for a job to be done properly. I have repaired more Carrier, Lennox, Trane, Rheem, Schnider General systems than Goodman by a longshot. When Goodman is the 2nd largest A/C manufacture in the U.S. with a larger market share than all but Carrier, that speaks for itself. No manufacture is perfect, but most of the people that have had problems only have themselves to blame and the people they used to do the work for them. If you don't want to be screwed, then don't deal with screwballs, or con artist. Good Luck, the choice is yours.

Mr. Bob Robinson