Goodman Air Conditioner Reviews

"Goodman: The Bucket of Bolts"

We built a brand new house in 2001 and have had problems with this unit from day 1! I wanted a Trane, but the builder strong armed us into a Goodman. I'm sure he got a kickback. Every year it loses freon and we have to have someone come out and add more freon. Our air-conditioner man said that Goodman is the bottom of the line. I am looking at putting in another unit next year.

Vicki V.

Oklahoma City, OK

"Good units for the money"

Had 2 Goodman units in the house when we moved in 12 years ago, 1 gas pack downstairs and 1 split for upstairs. Both lasted 12/13 years with virtually no problems. Recently replaced both with the new Goodman units (13 seer), working great so far and saving on electric bills too. Was told by my HVAC guy who I trust 100% that Goodman bought out Amana a few years back and began using their designs, especially for heat exchangers, which are excellent. Like any brand, a proper installation is critical for longevity/performance.

Don Q.

Murfreesboro, TN

"Waste of Money"

We have 2 Goodman units, and have had constant maintenance problems. We have done all of the maintenance required – filters, cleaning coils, etc only to be hit constantly by the machine's breaking down. Same part broke 7 times for 2 ac units at $150 a pop. One of the compressors just went on the larger unit and the repairman said Goodman is such a crappy brand to just replace it.

Kevin

Jacksonville, FL

"Air Conditioning Unit"

I replaced my old unit with a Goodman recommended by my subcontractor. I bought it in Sept of 2004. In Sept of 05 I had to replace the fan motor. It is now June of 08 and I am replacing the fan motor again.

Gerrianne Cannon

Hazlet, New Jersey

"Goodman As Good as it Gets"

We installed a Goodman 2.5 ton a/c Furnace combination to replace a five year old Carrier system. Our energy bills dropped by 15% and our home was never cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Great product that has performed flawlessly

Paul Olson