Goodman Air Conditioner Reviews

"1 1/2 yrs old and already costing me $$$"

Unit barely 1 1/2 years old, brand new house, and already I'm shelling out $600 to replace the evaporator coil that sprung a leak. It's under warranty, but not the labor of course. So what does the tech tell me that comes out when I ask if this is normal? You have a Goodman so yes, it is normal for this brand of A/C unit. He's been replacing a lot of them lately as they were all installed approximately the same time as mine. I'm filing a complaint with the builder, with Goodman, with my attorney, and with everyone else I can possibly find to complain to.

Ticked off

Florida

"Goodman's are good when installed proper"

I've been installing Goodman furnaces and Central A/C for over 7 years and never had a compressor failure nor major issue as stated in many of these postings. I also believe that most of these failures that the people on these posting have experienced is due to a lack of know how by their installers. From past experience I have found that many of these contractors tend to undersize or oversize the units and also use improper duct sizing. I find that 14 seer and over are surprisingly quiet for their size.

J .Martinez

NJ

"J Badgley"

I have been in the HVAC field for 40 years. I have worked for a utility company's service department for 38 years. We repaired Goodman equipment and in general they are simple to repair and very reliable. Proper installation is the key to good running equipment. The installer must read the installation manual! I inspected new installations for the utility and you would be surprise on how many installers don't read the manuals. I am going to replace my AC system with a Goodman because they give you bang for the buck. Also I replace my equipment every 9 years. Technology changes and efficiency improves. It pays to upgrade if you can afford it.

J Badgley

Tallahassee, Florida

"Unhappy Home Owner"

Bought a system in August of 04. August of 07, the fan motor needed to be replaced. June of 08, Reversing valve leaked all freon out and so I had that replaced and the system re-charged. I called the consumer affairs department with Goodman and the lady told me I should have bought the extended warranty (it's not even 5 years old!) Even though the parts were under warranty, I've spent over $500 in labor.

Jennifer Downs

Davidsonville, Maryland

Somewhat Unsatisfied

My unit is just over 2 years old, The contractor that built my house swore by the unit. They have worked flawlessly up to the 2-year mark. Then 1 of the 2 units started acting up. First service call, installed a hot start, second service call, a compressor, now waiting on the third service call, hopefully they make it today, its supposed to get 98 degrees today. Stay away from these units.

A Peterson