Gibson Heat Pump Reviews

"Great system"

We purchased a 16 seer 2 stage heat pump with an electric backup for our central Indiana home 8 years ago and we've not had one issue with it. It has worked like a champ and I do believe the longevity depends a great deal on proper sizing and quality installation. My HVAC guy rocks! He's meticulous, thorough, and honest. Admittedly, when temps drop below 24 degrees Fahrenheit, it's better to use auxiliary heat sources than to run off of the electric heating elements, which is why we have two gas log FPs. But the heating elements are a good back up at night when everyone's in bed. I would definitely recommend this company and system to anyone shopping central HVAC systems.

David Troutman

Crawfordsville, IN

"I'm a contractor and….."

I'm a contractor and have been in the business for over 40 years. I've installed them all, worked on them all, and I can tell you they are all made pretty much the same. The big difference is the installation. If it's done properly when installed, you'll have very little problems, if any. Rather than researching the equipment, you should be researching your contractor. Something else, when I read the 'very unsatisfied' rated comments, they mostly seem to read the same. As if written by the same hand. Not convincing. Do yourselves a favor and get a good contractor, then whatever equipment is selected, it will work well for you.

Kevin Lankford

Virginia

"Don't buy One"

This unit only lasted 8 Years. The coils on the inside unit leaks and it cost to much to have it repaired. They have been leaking for almost 3 years. They just could find the leak March 27, 2016. We just kept putting r22 in twice a year until they found the leak. In three years we spent over $1,500 dollars. Now It cost $1,600 to repair the unit. ( Model gb5bm) This Heat Pump product have problems with coil leakage.

Maria Lyons

Tampa, FL

"Home owner"

I just had a 3 ton and 2 ton heat pumps installed professionally and it's been over a month now and they work great. Quiet and efficient . I've been reading all these negative reviews and got a little concerned. I believe I've got a 7 yrs warranty. But I've got a very reliable installer so I don't anticipate any problems. Will keep you updated . Happy so far .

carl tischer

Lake Havasu City, AZ

"Don't Buy"

I had the unit put in 2016 and been having problems with the unit ever since. The unit was not cooling properly in the summer time and now my compressor has gone bad less than a year. It's a good thing that I'm still under warranty. I would not recommend this unit.

Tony