Gibson Furnace Reviews

"HVAC INSTALLER/SERVICE TECHNICAIN OPINION"

I have been servicing and installing all brands of equipment for over 13 years. I have seen multiple problems with ALL brands of equipment. Most of the problems are from bad product design, untrained installers, poor installation, lack of regular maintenace, under sized ductwork, oversizing equipment, builders and customers going with the lowest price to save money. I opened my busniess in 2008 and I install Maytag and Gibson products, I have had very good response from my loyal customers about these products. I have also installed Gibson brand equipment in my friends homes, I would not have if I didn't believe in this product.*Find a HVAC contractor that you feel comfortable with and get atleast 3 estimates from contractors that sell the same brand equipment.

MIke

"New Furnace quit after 6 years"

We bought our home new in 2004 with a Gibson furnace. In August of 2010, the compressor died. No warranty as only 5 years on this brand at that time. Have heard the same story from another local homeowner who had same brand installed in their new home dating from that time. He had leaks and compressor problems. We had to replace the entire unit. Shouldn't happen after only 6 years!

Beth McCarthy

Michigan

"Nice unit"

I have had a gibson furnace now for three years and have not had one single problem. This furnace has been running strong since day one. If you look at the reviews for other brands of furnaces you will see the same complaints for every single one of them, as well as people who just love them. I think a lot of it has to do with the knowledge or the lack there of the contractor installing and servicing the furnace. I would recomend this furnace to anyone as well as the contractor who installed it.

ed jimson

lansing mi

"Not an accurate way to determine quality Gibson furnace"

Neutral

Have you wondered about how many homeowners are happy with their Gibson furnaces but aren't going out of the way to find forums to compliment them? People who, unfortunately, have had a bad experience will go out of their way to let as many people as possible know about it. You know you aren't hearing from every person who has a Gibson furnace.

J Gustafson

Cambridge, MN

"Literally Paid for Itself in One Season"

I bought and installed a Gibson gl1rc120d-16c Gas Furnace in my home (which was built in 1861) in Sept. 2004 and have had zero problems. In fact, it literally paid for itself in one season. My 25 year old, 60% efficient furnace used three full 500 gallon lp tanks (Total of about 1275 gallons) in its last season and the Gibson used only one tank (About 425 gallons) the following season. The following spring (2005), I removed the old chimney. It was no longer needed with the 92+ efficient Gibson furnace and used it as the second story air return. I also installed a second story air supply in the chimney chase as well when I installed the 4 ton Gibson A/C unit. I run the blower 24/7 and I have only a one to three degree difference between the upstairs and downstairs ' summer and winter. My co-workers tell me that they cannot maintain that little of a temperature difference in their brand new homes. Most of the Gibson furnace line, 80,000BTU and up, has blower speeds of 1800CFM (and higher) all require a large and/or dual air return. I am thinking that a lot of the complaints that I am reading on this site may be due to contractors not giving their installs the airflow the Gibson furnace needs to run correctly. If the total sum of parts is not balance and correct, problems are bound to arise.

Dave J.