Gibson Air Conditioner Reviews

"Bad customer service"

The tech was very nice and very willing to help but they installed an ac indoor fan and I started having problems and it was 2 months past the one year warranty and they said they wouldn't do anything. Not even do a pro-rated charge. They are expensive and now the new fan is acting up. I think their parts are junk and they charge you an arm and a leg. Going somewhere else!!

Joy

Las Vegas, NV

"Contractor"

I am a licensed contractor working in the Northeast and have been installing Gibson products for over twenty years. I do not have issues, nor are there many call backs. I don't know who is doing the installs where these complaints are coming from, but almost all of the issues sound installer/installation/service rated, not equipment. My supply houses in Hartford and Springfield are fantastic and their customer service has been great.

Earl

Connecticut

"Junk in 5 1/2 years"

The compressor is junk after 5 years. It was only used for 3-4 months each year, as we live in Michigan. It was sold to us having a 10-year warranty – true – only if customer registers. The HVAC guy said he would send paperwork in, and did not. I called Gibson to see if there was any assistance they would provide because it was within a few months after the 5 year warranty expired and the lady told me, "no, it's past five years". Basically, sorry about your luck.

S. K.

Michigan

"Abhorrent Company and Warranty"

I'm certain that I don't think I've been more disappointed in a company or warranty. All of the negative reviews here are completely true – the unit is a lemon, the customer service is complete trash and very rude and condescending. We bought a house earlier this spring, the unit was installed in March – it's already broken down and I've had two companies to come out and indeterminately diagnose the issues going on with it. You can only use a licensed contractor, none of which will come out and can file a claim. Even if they did, it would take up to 90 days for the part to come and we would still have to pay for installation. I guess the best thing to consider is the idea that this company will no longer be in business in 20 years due to their faulty ethics and products. Stay away. If you are buying a house that has this brand of condenser, have a contingency for a different unit being installed beforehand.

Michael Albert

Colorado

"Absolute garbage"

Junk junk junk junk. Not even 8 years old and needs to be replace, did I mention its junk if not its junk,

jeffery gibson