Frigidaire Furnace Reviews

"TC Series 92+ upflow two stage condensing furnace"

Second hard failure in approx. 3yrs. It says 10 yr warranty but I am charged labor every time. It was a huge mistake to buy this product. And trying to get through to someone at Frigidaire (oh, we don't sell furnaces here) or is that Electrolux or is that Nordyne which also makes the identical, just slap another label on its Maytag (be afraid, be very afraid). It is just bad on all fronts. Did I mention I live in Northern Canada? Average temp -20c for five months, which it was when I got up this morning. Ugh!!!

Sharon B.

Northern Canada

"Frigidaire 95.1 furnace, 16 seer ac"

Just installed last month. This qualifies for the $1500 tax credit. Like night and day, my old unit was so loud I had to turn up the tv volume. With the Frigidaire, I have to check the thermostat to see if it is on. In fairness, we did move it from a closet to the attic. The new blower slowly ramps up to speed, so no instant noise or rush of air. If the temp change is minor, it stays in a low heat mode. If needed, it goes to a higher fan and heat, but still quiet. As these 95.1 furnaces are condensing(produce water), it required a new pvc exhaust vent and drain lines for the water runoff. As the A/C coils already have a pvc drain, just tapped into that. I have not yet used the A/C, but understand the blower will also ramp up slowly also, and that the outside unit will operate in a two stage also. Ten year warranty, and limited lifetime on burners. Plus, the installer had provided service for my home and office, so I trusted him. Neat, clean install.

Jerry

"Frigidaire/Nordyne Furnace/Air Handler – Questionable Motor?"

This is a 2 month old unit and the blower motor is already blown. The new 2 speed motors require the dip switches to be set according to cfm requirement and the system is very sensitive to this adjustment. Why does a standard induction motor last 20 years but these new motors are so sensitive to relatively minor changes? We are tempted to replace the whole unit due to the fragile nature of these motors. Two months is unacceptable.

M. Gilstrap

"GREAT FURNACE"

I had a frigidaire furnace installed in my house about 5 years ago. It is very quiet and I have had no problems so far. When my AC goes out, I will replace it with a frigidaire.

JAMES HARGREAVES

"Frigidaire"

Very like it. I think more depends who installed it.

Virginai A.