Englander Wood Stove Reviews

"My Englander 2,400 sq. ft. Wood-Burning Stove"

Somewhat Satisfied

I have had my 2,400 sq. ft. Englander wood stove for over a year now. I bought it from a local Home Depot and installed it myself. One of the major selling points is that it is "EPA Certified." I'll have to admit, this was not a selling point for me. I still vividly remember the introduction of the catalytic converter and how the EPA forced this on us. It seemed to sap car's strength and forced us to use more expensive unleaded gas. There are no such negative consequences with this stove. To be honest, I can't tell it from any other wood stove I've used over the years. It draws fine and no smoke issues. It is good that it is less harmful to the environment. The real selling point should be the build quality and the blower. This stove is well made with thick gauge steel, sturdy hinges and other furniture. The blower really throws out the heat and, even on a really cold day, fills the distant regions in my home with heat. It would be nice to have some kind of humidifier attachment. I have no regrets and would recommend this stove to anyone who want a pretty large area heated.

KC

Benton, Kansas

"Good Solid Option"

I have had this stove for about 2 years. It used as a heat source for a hunting cabin in Maine (a single large room) and get used probably 20-30 days a year. It's very easy to operate, throws some good heat and is generally very good. Having never bought a wood stove prior to this one, I didn't know much about what I needed however I did some reading, talked to folks and settled on this one. I have been very happy with it. I have never had any issues with it and find as long as you keep it clean, maintained it should be just fine. The only thing I have found with it is that on especially cold nights you need to make sure to keep it well stocked. I have a feeling that this is more likely to my inexperience in using woodstoves than a design issue. If I had to it again, I would certainly buy this stove.

Tampa, Floria - Used in Northern Maine