Eccotemp Water heater Reviews

"Love it!"

My wife and I bought this water heater to replace our Rinnai that froze over the winter a couple of years back and we love it. It was half the price of the Rinnai and it has built-in anti-freezers to help keep the pipes warm when the temps drop. If the wife likes it, I'm not questioning it. Ha! I haven't noticed a huge difference in our electric bill, but it definitely seems more reliable than the one we had before. I've even contacted their support on their site when I lost my manual and they were really helpful. I didn't have to call. They had a live chat thing and sent me the file. Overall, it's been a good experience.

Jordan Alexander

Hot Springs, AR

"Do not buy from ECCOTEMP there a waste of time and money."

I ordered a new Eccotemp water heater 45 and when I got it, it was used Eccotemp would not get in touch with me to return it or mack it right at all its never work right at all year and for the pass to weeks at all I finally talk to someone they were not helpful to say the least and I ordered to new part' that they told me would fix it and still not working at all do not buy from Eccotemp there a waste of time and money.

marshall fraysher

California

"Prop"

Won't start. Followed all instructions. Plenty gas, water pressure. Manual is pale blue print on Gray paper, in microprint! Cannot read it! Trash goes to dump, never again!

Christopher Charpentier

Ukiah, CA

"Never buy one"

This was the worst purchase ever! After a few 3-4 minutes of use the heater gives a e-1 alert, ignition fail, or an e-8, blockage. It takes 2 people to shower and a dishwasher is out of the question. Contacted the company and they want me to send it in for service. This means either no water in the house for however long it takes them to service and send it back or a plumber to fix the water pipes so we at least have cold water. Either way this product and service for a product that they sent that doesn't work sucks. I will purchase a Rheem tankless and take the loss on this piece of [email protected]

joe mcguire

Washington, NH

"Bad company and product"

This is my first review of a product and sorry to say it is negative. I purchased this product from Home Depot and installed it 5 months later in a new unit that was running behind schedule. The product comes with a 2 year warranty. The first week or two it worked fine, then the problems began. We spent the next 3 months on tech calls with the company screwing us around and not handling the problem as the warranty states. The last phone call, number 14, stated once again that they had no record of us calling in. Once I spent 30 minutes on the phone, personally and paying a plumber for the 6th time; they said, "Take a picture of the unit and send it to us". I asked why since we removed the unit the day before, according to a tech named ****, excuse the spelling, and we packaged it for shipping. All we were waiting for was an rma number or something to identify the unit. At this point **** the tech stopped returning phone calls after numerous messages. I threw the unit into the back of one of the workers truck and chose to spend my time on the internet telling everyone how bad this product is. Matter of fact, one of my internet employees will spend the next year telling our story. Maybe that will stop someone from going through what I went through.

Tom Hemingway