Ducane Heat Pump Reviews

"Knowledge is power"

I install Ducane Products for my customers and some quick info for yall is that it's the exact same unit design as the lennox 13 seer stuff and they interchange parts so all this garbage about it being junk is just over critical brand dealers that jump on here and tell you Ducane is junk. Ask a Trane dealer what kind of compressor goes in a 13 seer Trane Heat Pump ..He will tell you copeland scroll and guess what that's what is in a Ducane. Ducane is one up on a lot of brands on their 13 seer units because they actually have a high pressure limit switch and Goodman and other brands don't. It really goes back to who installed your unit and their expertise. Good Contractor= Good install. If you pay someone to come to your house to work on your new unit 2 times a year than please hire a new contractor. It's amazing what people will tolerate…

Johnny

"Bad boards – sorry I purchased this unit"

My Ducane is not even a year old and this is the third time the board as blown. Two times in the last month! Been without heat for a week. I've spent more money on repairs in the last month then I did with the previous "hunk of junk" that was 15 years old! So sorry I purchased this piece of crap!!!!!

charlene

Glen Mills, PA

"Another Ducane Lemon"

I have had this ducane unit for six years and have the repairman out (besides the regular 2X a year check)at least a couple of times every season with the unit freezing up. The house being cold during the winter and now a bad valve that has leaked out the freon. I can't wait to see what else will go up. After reading the other comments I can only pray.

B. Howard

Baltimore, MD

"The Ducane Heat Pump Nothing but problems"

Replaced motor and unit is far too costly to operate and noisy in short 'it's junk".

Al Smith

BC Canada

"Warranty Issues?"

Neutral

Manufactures have decided to go around the Dealers to stabilize the products price, so they create a new brand name and seek a new course of sales, in most cases more direct, via internet, or warehouse sales, or retail outlets, when a new brand name recently hit the market. I asked the manufacturer who they were going to sell it to, the remark was, "Were going the sell the sh** to everyone". Well, in the process of the new sales fart, they missed, forgot one thing, the time, effort, ongoing training and quality that comes from a seasoned Installer and the difficulties associated with maintaining a quality Dealership. Selling that sh** to anyone has become the biggest boob ever. And, Now were paying for it and deserve it!, So the most important I could tell you, whether you believe it or not, as I am sure most of you trust your service company, In most cases it's the quality of the man that came to your house and installed your new system whatever the brand, is what determines the longevity and the service issues of your new system, if you have a service problem get a second company to verify your issue and even a third. All the manufactures have pretty much the same technology, and generally produce good products, they do not want the product coming back and go thru great pains to prove it before they let it out to the consumer, so be sure to check all the players, as I said the most important is the installer.

Keith