Ducane Heat Pump Reviews

"Good Equipment!"

Hvac contractor in Maryland. 95% of the units we install are Ducane and we rarely have an issue with them or their warranty department. Most of the bad reviews you see on this brand is from poor installs. Unfortunately I heard a stat a few weeks ago that over half of central air systems in the us are improperly sized, there goes efficiency. The people who write that a $75 part cost them $400 plus labor just need to find an honest company. All in all this is a great product and I will continue to install them until I retire.

J. Darling

Eastern Shore Maryland

"Only last 2 years"

Ducane heat pump hp13 l24p-1b died after 2 years,my family are going to sufer until I get $4,000 to buy another. Sad situation.

Arturo F C

Kernersville NC

"Piece of junk"

I hate my Ducane, every winter its goes out if the temp gets below 20 degrees. Piece of crap buy at your own risk after reading all these statements.

carl

south carolina

"Don't buy a Ducane"

I also own a Ducane that is a piece of junk. I average a repair no less than twice a year. I have even had to replace the board in it. "Guess what" it is down again. Probably the compressor since I have replaced everything else in it. Do yourself a favor, do not buy one.

GMBS

Washington NC

"Knowledge is power"

Don't listen to anyone who installs these units. They have a vested/biased opinion. These things are junk. They are installed by builders/subs for a reason, they're cheap. Ours didn't make it through the 1st winter. Average 2 calls per year for vibration, circuit board, leaks, fan, etc… Called the original installer for the first 2 years up until the point he made the statement "Wished I would have never started installing Ducane's!". Used two different HVAC tech's after that and now it's time to call another. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will steal my own unit for scrap metal and I can replace it with a York or Train.

Newt