Ducane Heat Pump Reviews

"Don't Buy This Brand of Heat Pump!"

This Ducane heat pump has given many problems and we have had a repairman out at least every year since we installed it. We have replaced the fan, the motor, and various other things have gone bad that caused us expensive repair bills. This unit is only 7 years old and we have probably spent the cost of the unit in repairs. It is ridiculous! It is a Saturday and I have just paid the repairman for the 3rd time in 3 weeks for all kinds of different repairs. Ducane should be embarrassed to sell equipment and take people's hard earned money for something that is this poor construction! Shame on them!

Kathy Teat

Rome, GA.

"HVACR Tech"

Hello. I am a licensed and trained HVACR technician with 15 years installation and service experience. I must agree with most of customers and owners. I have had almost the same problems as they have. To include: compressor failures, condenser fan motors, control boards, and let's not forget – all the damn leaks you could possibly not ask for!! I am replacing a 2.5 ton HP today 06/07/2013 that is just under 5 years old. It has or was – professionally installed, repaired and now replaced!! It had approx. 5 leaks in the outdoor coil that I located and know the engineering/manufacturing are the big problem. Poor quality. Don't buy this brand unit.

Ron Towers

Maryland

"TOTAL Buyers Remorse"

I am actually beyone Very Unsatisfied; 5 years and 4 days ago I have this piece of crap installed. Yesterday the hp failed forever – the compressor blew. I have had this junk serviced at least 5 times a year (25 times, Freon leaks, blowing the main fuse, etc)…..luckily I have a hvac guy who helps me out now. Today, a brand new carrier will be installed and the total cost is $1600 less than what I paid for the junk in my yard. My neighbor has a 27 year old hp and it works better and costs less to operate than my 5 year 4 day old loud, noisy, worst piece of equipment I have ever purchased. The Carrier will be here any minute. I hate this product and the worst part is I have never been able to contact anyone from the organization over the last 5 years and at least 100 emails or comments have gone unanswered as well. Way to stand behind your products. I'll never purchase this product or anything else you may make. I don't care if it is made in america…it sucks

Sylvia Mahon

Montgomery Village,m MD

"2 bad circuit boards high electric bills"

Unit installed in 2007 I think. We had the circuit board fail the following year (outside unit) and then again just short of 2 years later. In both cases, the heat pump not producing cooling and or emergency heat kicking on for standard heating. In both cases, my electric bill went from $140.00 a month to $700.00! Also had the main blower (inside unit). I am now seeing just this winter my electric bills average $300. $400.00 per month with everything in the house either super low watt or turned off. Anyone else experience something similar with Ducane?

Ray

Gettysburg area

"Installation"

Somewhat Satisfied

I have been installing Ducane as well as all other brands for fifteen years. You get what you pay for. This applies to the installer as well. If the installation and sizing of the system is done correctly the unit will last for years to come. If you need to call a contractor several times a year you may want to get a second opinion.

Eric