Ducane Heat Pump Reviews

"Blower motor failure"

4 year old summer home at the Jersey shore. Newly installed, use it 2 times per month(6 days /month) for 6 months per year. The blower motor failed, I understand this is happening all over the development to units of the same vintage. I would research prior to allowing a builder to simply install this unit. $650.00 to fix this time. After reading the reviews, I'm wondering what will go next.

sean

Clermont, NJ

"Very unsatisfied"

Our unit was installed new in March of 2008. Each and every year we have had to call for a service issue (I.E. relay problems, coil, and now the compressor must be replaced). We were sold a lemon! I would never recommend this brand to any of my family or friends.

Cheryl Colber

United States

"Trouble, trouble, trouble"

Three-ton unit installed 17 months ago. Nothing but trouble. Save your money and buy something else. This is junk. The unit quit again last night. Please do not waste your money. The company should recall all of them. Please do not buy. You will be sorry.

Stan Cohen

Myrtle Beach, SC

"Garbage"

Had this garbage for three years, had repair man out every year sometimes twice in the same year. Now the outside unit is beyond repair. Don't waste your money!

Miss G

maryland

"People are fickle"

Neutral

You should not brand shop but installer shop. Installed correctly these units will last as longer if not longer then any other brand. These are made by Lennox. I worked in tv repair for years and some people swore by their name brand tv. The exact same unit with another label on it was garbage. These were identical units exact same parts made in the same plant. Before you buy another brand find a good installer who knows what he is doing. Look it up on the internet and you find nothing but negative reviews regardless of brand name. My opinion stay away from large hvac companies they will hire anybody to keep up with service. Find a highly recommend small independent businessman. He's usually 1 or 2 guys who know what they are doing been in business forever and do not have the time to keep going back to repair a unit so it is done right the first time. You'll get a better price on the best equipment at that time and they are not biased by having to sell a particular brand. They are hard to find but well worth it when you do.

cheetahz