Day & Night Air Conditioner Reviews

"Repair parts"

When my AC unit went out I called the installer, who promptly came to the house, identified the problem and ordered the required motor. The Night and Day warehouse sent the wrong motor. The installer returned the motor and was told they were ordering the correct motor, but it would take two days for the motor to arrive. When the motor finally arrived, it was again the wrong motor. The installer has been to our home five different times to try and fix the problem or jerry-rig something that would get us through the 90 to 100-degree weather. The installer was an excellent, accommodating, and friendly person. However, I can only give Day and Night the worst possible rating due to their inability to send the proper parts. We have been without AC for over a week.

I,G, Fields

Sun City West, AZ

"Best unit in the market"

One of the best units in the market today. Here in Miami any unit has to work 24/7. In my house we set the thermostat at 75 during the day and 72 at night and this unit cools 101%. My bill dropped almost $115 a month. This unit is a carrier unit but with another tag , if you know Carrier, buy Day & Night. My ac is 4 years old and I'm very happy. Thanks Day&night

Robert moss

miami

"Installer review"

You people giving this equipment bad reviews are complaining about the companies who installed the equipment. If an incompetent crew installs a unit improperly or treats it rough there will be problems! Day & Night is made by ICC which is a Carrier clone. I have been in this industry for almost 17 Years and would install Day & Night in my own home. FYI, the equipment comes with standard 5 year parts warranty unless your installer registers it for free ( which any good quality company will do). That makes it a 10 year parts warranty. Instead of ignorantly complaining about equipment you don't understand, hold the people who screwed you accountable. My best advice to anyone looking to replace your air conditioner is never go with the lowest quote, because you get what you pay for. And do some research on any company you plan to work with. If you by a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Honda or what ever and it was assembled by an idiot chances are it won't work right.

Derek Johanson

Stuart, Fl

Something that costs $5K with a one year warranty?? Terrible. Our AC guy installed this as a replacement for our 20+ year old unit. Installed in September 2008 and we have already had a $400 repair due to a leak. Not including the $1000 cost to replace the freon! Not there is a leak in the coil, or basically somewhere where two different AC companies said would require us to replace the unit entirely. We're still paying this thing off and it's already trash! I cannot stress how lacking the company has been with regards to helping us in this situation. In a world where nothing being built is designed to last, all you can hope for is decent customer service. But no… Is "saving money" on this unit worth a 30% chance of failure?? Not to us it isn't. I just wish I could take it out on the installer of this unit because they have to know that these things are crap. Maybe, they like the return work for repairs in the near future?

David K

Indio, CA

"Day and Night A/C"

This 4 ton Day and Night has been running just fine for 30 plus years. Two fan motors replaced. I have it serviced by an A/C company once a year. A little noisy but that is overridden by great service.

DJR.