DAKA Wood Furnace Reviews

"Only problem I've had is with the draft control. It is pretty chinsey. Other than that no problems whatsoever."

Somewhat Satisfied

Have had stove for 6 years. We live in Northeast Wisconsin. And have no trouble heating our modest 1248 sq. Ft. Home. Only problem I've had is with the draft control. It is pretty chinsey. Other than that no problems whatsoever.

scott Kenny

Aurora, WI

"DAKA 521"

I bought this burner from Menards about 3 years ago and it does a great job. I have not had to use any fuel oil at all. That's a big savings each year. I do go through a lot of wood though. This will benefit people who can cut there own wood and not have to buy any. In one of the coldest winters we had in the past 3 years, you could wear shorts and a t-shirt in the house, that's how warm it keeps your house, granted you have to keep adding wood every couple hours. That's the downfall to this model, it says it will but wood for up to 8-10 hours, I've yet to see that happen, especially when it cold out and if your depending on this as your single source of heat, you have to wake up every 2.5 hours if you want to keep the house warm at night, other than that, I love this burner.

Robert Harkins

Ohio

"Thinking of Something Good"

The best thing I can say about this stove is that, I will never buy another one. Just disappointed… Maybe good for south of pine city, but a joke for northern Minnesota.

allan schlumpberger

mcgregor mn

"Great Furnace"

This furnace is well-built and is easy on wood. It has an excellently designed baffle which is much of the reason for the efficiency. The only negative that I have is that the fan thermostat comes on at 120 degrees and goes off at 100 degrees. 100 degrees is slightly warmer than human temperature, the result is that the fan runs all of the time the stove has any heat in it. I solved the problem by moving the thermostat down to the level that would be just a bit above the line of the flue bricks inside. The jacket at this level is not as hot as on top, and cools more quickly. It works well mounted in this area.

L. O'Brien

Capon Bridge, WV

"Heat your home without ever turning on oil!"

This furnace is great and an easy clean up. This is my second year with the furnace and I could not be more satisfied. I like that I do not have to ever use oil to heat my house. I live in a home that is slightly older and installation is not the greatest, yet this furnace still heats the house with no problem. The only thing I do not like about this furnace is once and I while I can smell smoke but other than that this furnace has been a great improvement to my home. I have and would continue to recommend this brand to friends and family.

Boston, MA