Crown Boiler Reviews

"Great when it works."

It worked great first couple of years. My HVAC tech did not give me any boiler water treatment/cleaner and got scaling in lines, causing my Spirovent (air water separater) to clog up giving low flow and caused water to boil too quickly and furnace shut down. Anyways by the time I flushed system and installed water treatment my Heat Exchanger cracked. Warranty dept said I had a bad water sample. Was disappointed the Manuals and extended warranty info mentioned NOTHING about how to manage water or what a homeowner is expected to do here. Paid $1,200 for new heat exchanger. 1 year later i have 3 weeping holes in the side of NEW heat exchanger, which doubled to 6 in a few weeks. And then exhaust blower went out. Paid $600 for new exhaust (not covered by warranty) and newclaim was denied. I always get the run around with Velocity Boiler (Crown) and they are worthless at giving me any of my information. They wont even talk to you without a claim number which you need to get from HVAC rep., if they give it to you. Only lasted 6yrs and its entirely junk. So much water leaked thru 6 weeping holes that it ran down on LCD. So pissed as a home owner.

Ben Wenzel

"Update to my BWC series review"

This is my second review on the is unit and I'm at the end of the rope. This unit is not reliable, I have to replace it. Beginning of last year the unit started to not fire up when heat was called. No error codes, pilot indicator on, pumps running, stone cold! A complete power shut down for a few minutes was enough for the unit to recover and operate sometimes for several weeks before happening again. Limped along all of this last winter. For a year now the installer, a&t plumbing out New Bedford, MA, Has tried to get a company rep or someone with more knowledge than they have about this unit to inspect it and resolve the issues. Finally, someone showed up unannounced while I was about an hour drive away from the unit. Unfortunately, nothing happened that day. Since then nothing, except excuses. I'm now in the process of getting new quotes to replace it. I no longer trust the unit, nor the plumber and most of all not Crown/Velocity or whatever name you hide behind now.

Fernando Martins Barreiros

Massachusetts

"BWC Series-120 -very worthless"

Had a Crown bwc 120 gas boiler installed 5 years ago. Have had to replace the motor each year. Five winters = five failed motors. Our plumber installed the same boiler in his house at the same time. After he had 4 failed motors in 4 winters he has replaced his with another boiler. We expect to do the same before the start of next winter. What seems to me as a potential big contributor to the motor failure problem is, per installation instructions, only about 18" from the air intake. This results in a tremendous amount of moisture coming into the furnace box. But, whatever the cause, this is a completely unreliable boiler

L Sundberg

Hamburg, PA

"Crooks – take your money with being held accountable"

Purchased a Crown Boiler 4 years ago and it suddenly stopped working. The hvac guys found that it was leaking and that it was cracked on the inside. They said that it should never happened and was a manufacturer defect. We called the Crown Boiler Company warranty department and they said in order to fight it, we would need to mail the cracked block into them, and then they would work with the distributor and issue a credit to them. The distributor would then decide on what we would get, if anything. There was no cash back option. So basically, in December Crown Boiler Company is telling us to pay about $200 to mail their product back and to go without heat until this is resolved – which they said it most likely won't be. Seems to me that this is all a ploy to not have to refund for their faulty product. I am currently having the boiler replaced with a much better brand.

Tracy Fleming

New Jersey

"Great Product."

I purchased the twz200 Crown Boiler in 2003 and did not install it until some time in 2004. I have experience with installing boilers and installed it myself. It is a great boiler and never had any problem with it. I also installed a brand new oil tank and fuel line (I prefer single fuel line) with it so I would have no gunk/sludge going into a new boiler. I am very pleased with it and would purchase other Crown products. That's 13 years with only yearly maintenance of oil filters and nozzles which I do myself in about 1/2 hour or less.

Dave