Comfortmaker Heat Pump Reviews

"They mostly work."

Neutral

I'm giving it a neutral because it worked without fault for three years(until yesterday) but build quality and electrical design is a bit of joke compared to the bigger names that I've owned on previous houses. The Carriers, Yorks, RUUD's, etc. I've been around usually go about 20 years before they act up (fan motor wears out). My Comfortmaker PHF3 package unit decided to stop working yesterday and I traced it to the Low Pressure Switch wires shorted to ground. Judging from the [email protected] wiring harness, inconsistent color scheme, and poor schematic, I'm not surprised. On the bright side, they use an easily obtainable 5 Amp automotive type fuse. As the Comfortmaker rep stated, people choose HVAC systems on price, and my home builder chose to go cheap. Funny how they seem to be made in Lewisburg, TN but only TN dealer seems to be in Memphis… that probably says something. The fact that they don't have an easily findable address, phone number, etc., probably says something too. Explain that stuff away, C'maker rep….

Mike Connor

"General manager of HVAC company"

To respond to the unsatisfied customers with Comfortmaker systems or any other brand. The most important day of your system is the day it is installed. If the system was installed properly, I.E.: duct sizing supply and return, system sizing for the load, copper tubing sizing, high voltage wire sizing, general installation, etc. the list goes on, then 80% of all problems are normally found to be from the installation of the system and human error. Most HVAC shoppers tend to purchase systems based on price not quality, comfort level nor peace of mind, I.E.: professional installation, sized correctly, extended warranties, etc. So you tend to get less experienced companies/techs doing the install. Also, did you get the basic system "builders model" or the brands top of the line model? Last but not least, the service after the install should be prompt and thorough, if not that reflects on the techs, management and company doing the repairs. Warranty repairs are from 8-5 Monday-Friday. Parts or normally in stock, if not they will be shipped in; however most clients do not want to pay overtime rates for after hours calls nor do they want to pay for next day shipping, so there can be a delay to start and completion of repairs. And yes every now then we do see a system with problems beyond what is normal. The install company and the manufacturer should stand behind their product and do what is needed to resolve the problem. If I can be of any further help, please email me at [email protected]

A. Barineau

"Many repairs"

I have a 14 seer heat pump unit. The repair person has been on-site 40 times since it was installed 4 years ago. He has replaced everything on the unit except the covers and fan. Thank goodness that it is still under warranty. Multiple contacts to Comfortmaker have been ignored. I wanted them to replace this unit with a more reliable unit even if it meant a lower seer rating. I think they are waiting for the 5 year warranty to expire this year.

Bob S

"Home owner"

Cooling ok. Heating constant malfunctions in heat cycle.

Clifton Forge

"C4H524GKA heat pump"

Somewhat Satisfied

Started with a few minor problems but these were resolved and the system seems to be working great. The initial problems were related to the mounting of the compressor. Rubber mounts were compressed so that the system was loud – once new moounts were installed the system is very quiet.

G P G