Comfortmaker Heat Pump Reviews

"Home"

Somewhat Satisfied

Could please ex plain how a heat pump works. Seems to run all the time.

Barbara Cenatiempo

dorsey

"20 years and still working great"

Just getting ready to replace my Comfortmaker HVAC after 20 year of trouble free service. Only replacing because of the Gov. rebate and the fear that I'm on borrowed time and the desire for more efficiency. My HVAC guy is installing a Tempstar. I hope its at least half as good as the one I'm replacing.

R. Backman

Lexington, SC

"Good Product in my book"

We bought our house in 1985 and it came equipped with a Comfort Maker Heatpump. The builder suggested a yearly check up to keep it running by someone that was good at his work. We did just as he suggested and had a local man check it. He was very diligent and got after a few initial leaks but then it worked fine. He finally left the business and we got another good mechanic to check on it yearly after that. Here it is 2010 and we are still using the same Comfort Maker and it's working great cooling in the summer and heating in the winter. If it breaks tomorrow it will have done a great job. It's 25 years old!!!!

Lori G.

Myrtle Beach, SC

"Poor Product"

Purchased the unit in April, 2010, have had nothing but problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Compressor will just QUIT, and the only way to get it back on is to turn unit off for 20 minutes. Service people have been here 5 times in 5 months, can NOT find out what is wrong, and this is a brand new unit, we may sue dealer who sold us the unit to get him to replace it. Never purchase a Comfortmaker Heat Pump. Poor, Poor quality.

J Goodwin

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.

"Interesting"

Neutral

Interesting how one person says their Comfortmaker is better than their neighbors, Arcoaire (it is the same equipment). This stuff is made by ICP who makes Carrier (the air handlers are all the same and the condensers are likewise. I have installed them for years and they are less problematic than Amana. Everything is junk these days. Chinese parts kill me. Comfortmaker has the same problem everyone has—bad coil design. No manufacturer has a good indoor coil design. They all fail way too often especially in the southern humid states. I currently think Comfortmaker is a great value, compared to everything else.

C. T.