Comfortmaker Heat Pump Reviews

"Time to Replace ( 30 years )"

So we just had to replace our Comfortmaker heat pump, which is sad, but they no longer make parts for it and the ac compressor wasn't working well anymore. The heat function still worked though so we limped through winter, we got a good 30 years of dependable performance from it, but I guess that's pretty good looking at the Life expectancy based on the new models it should have died 18 years ago. We did have it cleaned and tuned up every year. It was manufactured and installed in 1986.

C H

Nashville, TN

"Very efficient, dependable, has not failed in the 3 years I've had it. I would recommend it to everyone."

Best unit I've ever had. No trouble in 3 years since it was installed.

Jamey Disponett

Lawrenceburg, KY

"The best outdoor unit I've ever had"

I've lived in various regions and have had many heating and air units but after installing the Comfortmaker outdoor heat pump I'll never go back to other brands. They look nice and do a great job! Haven't had any issues in over a year. Great piece of equipment.

Katie

Lexington, KY

"One unsatisfied customer"

Never would I consider buying a Comfortmaker heat pump. I have gone through 4 blower motors in less than 7 years. Now come on, you know this is not right. 1600 dollars in less than 7 years on the same thing.

Tommy Baskett

Sebree, KY

"Nothing but problems"

We have had this unit for over 6 years and have had nothing but trouble from day one. Leaks, solenoids burnt up, condenser failed (just shy of warranty – so luckily got this on warranty). But now coil has failed and it is past the warranty time. If you can believe it, the coil is over $4500. Ridiculous price. And cannot find a picture of it anywhere to see if I can get one made cheaper. When I called the company, they said they don't share the dimensions or drawings. No kidding – if you can charge this price. I can buy a whole unit from Goodman for $1300. So right now we are living with the leaking coil and getting it topped up every 3 months.

Sunseeker