Comfortmaker Heat Pump Reviews

"Complaint"

Installed 6-8-2010. 10 year warranty on parts. Unit not working since 7-25-2018. Now told parts needed are no longer made. May be middle of September before parts can be found. Great news for an 80-year-old woman living in hot South Texas. With 2 more years remaining on the warranty, this is not acceptable.

Barbara Kappelmann

McQueeney, Texas

"Dissatisfied Customer"

Since 2009 new house with two new units. 1St covers large bonus room & bath upstairs unit about 600'sq. Replaced evaporator coil after 3.5 years. Generally keep this unit at 80. It runs regularly in summer due to proximity to roof heat. Okay, warranted but still had to pay labor etc… Now for the ride…main unit two evaporator coils and a capacitor on the Condensing unit. Capacitor was late last summer, okay. But two coils going bad in less than 6 years, now third one is leaking, meaning another replacement in less than 8 years and this one is out of warranty. Simply not satisfactory. Now, my installer put in original and has maintained and been very good about coming and "repairing" with 20 years experience in business. But< giving me a shrug that is how it is these days? Hmm, I have begun to look around for another qualified installer #1 and will get an updated measurement of what is really needed. I think the original 4 ton is over capacity for about 1650-1700 sq feet downstairs. However, several factors need to be considered in that area. Close off about a third of space two rooms that are hardly used, vent registers are left open but air flow is 'restricted' and ceilings in part of house are raised cubic feet west side of house gets blasted by south ga summer sunshine… So many factors I did not understand or care to until it began to reach deep into my pockets… Pricing on new units has a lot to do with seer, Tonnage, and condensor type I.E. a two stage or single… Those are the main cost considerations between units. The biggest factor I have found in all my research is your installer's "true" qualifications. This is where consumers need to be most aware. Bottom line still in research mode unit has charge that could go out anytime. But, in my case issues may not have been all about the equipment…since most all "guts" are produced by two or three manufacturing companies but with corporate names added like Trane, Carrier, Rudd etc. There are always lemons produced, typically at or near end or beginning of new runs in production but most equipment is fairly similar.

W Juraschek

South Georgia

"Unhappy"

I bought this unit about 6 years ago I have had 4 blower motors replaced I like every thing else but this is not what I paid for if they could fix this issue it would be a good unit however the company I bought it from has done a outstanding job of keeping it running hopefully you correct this problem.

Larry Jeffries

Palmetto, FL

"JUNK"

Had this thing for two years, never worked very unsatisfied. Nothing but a money pit.

VERN ACKERMAN

Texas

"Crap"

Installed August 5, 2013. Repair, heat pump installed August 5, 2013, January 26, 2015, February 13, 2015, February 19, 2015 and March 20, 2017 a repair on comfort maker air handler installed. September 23, 2013….nothing but problems junk, plus high electric usage.

Robert Van karsen