Coleman Air Conditioner Reviews

"Reliability"

My rental condo has a Coleman AC unit that is seldom used. After only 7 gentle years, it has developed a leak that cannot be repaired and the 5 year (?) warranty has expired. I have had other brands of AC units that have lasted 15-20 years. It is a shame that Coleman has so little faith in its products that it will only warranty them for 5 short years.

N.Ritter

Napa, CA

"Central air conditioning"

We have been very happy with our new central air conditioning. We haven't had any problems and it's worked good since the first time it was turned on.

Julie Vega

Worland, WY

"Consumer – are you really that stupid?"

Neutral

I'm a hvac contractor that has been in business since 1988. I service and repair every brand made. I can do a google search just like you and find negative reviews on every brand made. Furnaces and air conditioners are components that must be field installed and adjusted by an individual. If that individual understands and has the knowledge and skill to test and check airflow, refrigerant charge, superheat and subcool adjustment, manifold gas pressure, and system static pressure then knows how to and recommends fixes to your ductwork deficiences then you will get a system that operates according to the manufacturers specifications! If you don't understand any of the above mentioned terms – then picking a system on "brand name" is totally useless. Look at the company and individual installer first – the name on the box is meaningless. If I need a knee replaced I want to find the best skilled surgeon and cleanest hospital to do the job – I have no idea of the different "brand names" of knees – that's what I rely on my doctor to pick! Popular brand of knee won't fly if put in wrong and I get an infection do to poor installation practices and die! The internet info can make you dumb!

Mr. Professional HVAC Man

"Short Lived"

Do not buy a Coleman or any other Johnson controls brand (York, Luxaire). I have had my unit just over 5 years, right outside the warranty. It is a 3.5 ton unit, and we have used it about 40 weeks across 5 years, in the summers in nj. It has been kept clean and maintained. Now, it leaks at the coils and possibly the condenser. These are real garbage, and should be avoided. Coleman turns a deaf ear to customers.

Bill Colonna

NJ

"Coleman heat pump A/C unit"

I am very happy that Climatize of Kingston, TN installed my new heat pump/ ac unit and added another return in my double wide mobile home. My original unit never evenly cooled the home. Now my electric bill will go down and my whole house is cooler. Robert Howell and his crew were extremely knowledgeable and courteous of my needs. I highly recommend anyone with a mobile home, who has uneven cooling/ heating problems, install a return on the other end of the trailer when updating their heating system.

K. Willis