Coleman Air Conditioner Reviews

"Fifty shades of gray"

We are very satisfied with our new AC and the contractor that put it in. Overall it was a blessing to have our air working again.

Larry & Peggy Wiederhold

Fayetteville, OH

"Has cost me a fortune in electric bills"

I am a renter in a 1450 square foot 3 bedroom, 2 bath home. I am a single mother of two daughters. I moved in here in August 2014. The A/C is a stand-alone unit sitting in the ground outside. My power bills began to become a problem almost immediately. A/C guy came out because the unit wasn't cooling. 1st visit: replaced capacitor. Still had problems. A/C guy came back two weeks later: replaced burned out motor. After this, my bills became completely unmanageable. Landlord swept it under the rug and forgot about it even though I was reporting high bills to her monthly. PG&E came out this summer to service the unit. Had to replace Freon, about one pound, he said. He said at that time that the unit may be too small for the home. I keep it set at around 74-75 because I cannot handle the heat. My most recent bill was $862! This unit is awful. It doesn't cool my house on hot days, it is obnoxiously loud, and it is prone to problems it seems. Again, I am just a renter, but unfortunately, I am paying the price for the complete piece of junk sitting outside and I am most often sitting in a hothouse. I would never purchase this brand. Just had to get my two cents in. Have a great day!

Susab

Red Bluff, CA

"Total junk"

Had this installed 6 years ago, constant problems. Freon leaks, you name it. Got the 10 year warranty, but it does no good when it doesn't work and a shady A/C guy says he regrets offering the warranty, because he has to be out here constantly. What's worse is we recommended this guy to two friends, same unit as us, same problems.

Gretchen

New Orleans, LA

"Unhappy in Miami"

I live in a senior condo. Had to replace my air handler. I chose to replaced the complete system because I was told that central AC units would not be using Freon after year 2020. After the installation I complained to the contractor that my air handler is very loud to the point of being noisy, plus it it not cooling sufficiently. The unit actually acts like a noisy fan. To feel the cool air you would have to stand directly in front of the vent. It has only been a month since he installed it and he has come back several times to try to remedy the problem to no avail. I told the contractor that I believe that the air handler is defective. I feel like telling him to take the entire system out but unfortunately I have already paid him. I called Coleman and was told to have an expert check my problem out. He is the expert. He is a licensed contractor and yes, he did pull a permit. What should I do?

L. Brown

Miami, FL

"A/C and furnance install"

Contractor did a great job, and the unit is nice and slim so as to not take up too much space on the side of our house. Overall great experience with the unit and the installation.

C. Thomas