Coleman Air Conditioner Reviews

"Texas design flaw"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Sorry, I don't understand the design of this unit. I live in Texas. The unit was 10-months-old; come to find out, if the area around the circuit board gets too hot, the unit turns itself off with a circuit breaker, so almost everyday I have to go outside take cover off and switch the circuit breaker. I paid this much money for the unit so that it won't cool in the Texas summer unless I babysit it every day of summer. Someone please explain the design idea to me.

Kelly Anderson

Texas

"It's all about the installation."

Most air conditioning and heating equipment is very comparable brand to brand. It is the installation and how well it has been maintained over the years that makes the difference. If you have a new system installed and right away you begin having problems.. It is very likely that it is due to the installation. Every contractor has a little trouble with an install once and a while.. It's part of doing business. But, he or she should always fess up to the real problem at hand and take care of it. All major manufacturers test each unit before they ship it for defects. I have been installing these systems for more than 20 years and I have only found a "new" system to be defective a handful of times. When someone says they are a tenant and they had someone come out to fix there old existing ac unit that never worked and now that it works their electric bill is through the roof. It's most likely because they have an old in-efficient system from the 70's or 80's and now that it does work and they are using it every day they are seeing the effects of an old in-efficient system… High energy draws. If you want to run your a/c and have a moderate bill… Keep your thermostat above 75 and change your filter every three months. And or buy an efficient system (16 seer and up). It is the responsibility of whoever lives in the home to replace the filter… No one else's!! Just because your a/c or heater does not work the way you think it should doesn't mean Carrier or Coleman or Trane or Goodman make sub-par systems. There is a lot more to it than the brand. When considering any home improvement (tenants excluded), you should always get three estimates. After getting your estimates. You should have a pretty good idea of which contractor knows what they are doing and who doesn't. If you're still not sure after three, get three more. Estimates are free!! Don't go with the cheapest estimate!!! They either don't know what they're doing or they're going to cut corners to keep the cost down. Either way, it's not in your best interest, plain and simple. Go with the middle guy (granted your gut is in agreeance, important!!). I can go on for days, the simple fact is, the manufacturers are all doing "about" the same thing. There are no trade secrets (especially with standard efficiency equipment 14 seer 80% efficient furnaces). As long as it is installed PROPERLY it will last 10-15 years as it should. Pay the money, have it installed properly and you will enjoy it for many years. DON'T BASH THE MANUFACTURERS FOR THE INSTALLERS POOR WORKMANSHIP!!!

John Doe

California

"Great install."

Beautiful installation detail: neat and very well done. The team also did a remarkable clean-up. System runs flawlessly, too. Highly recommend the Coleman system, and Advance Temperature Solutions to install it.

Lyle Otremba

Bloomfield Hills, MI

"sPECIALIZES IN MANUFACTERED HOMES"

Neutral

I selected my unit and contractor because of the recommendation of Clayton Homes of Santa Rosa where I purchased my home. I like the fact that Scott specializes is installs for manufactured homes, easily pulled my permit, and got the work done quickly and efficiently. I do wish the price had been a little lower, after doing some research it seems I was a bit overcharged, but not by much. Scott was patent, thorough, and took a lot of time with me explaining my unit and my new thermostat. The install was accomplished quickly (in about 3.5 hours) and they cleaned up after themselves quite well. There have been no hot days since my install so I haven't had a chance to use the unit yet.

Debra Roy

San Rafael, CA

"Contractor"

Neutral

K&S Heating and Air Conditioning did an outstanding job. It only took 1 1/2 days to replace the heating and air conditioning systems. This was also a change over from oil to natural gas. I am neutral on the system because it has only been installed for less than 45 days. So no drastic heat or cold experienced yet.

H West