Carrier Heat Pump Reviews

"ClimateMasterBo"

1st problem was ledgerock prevented me from trenching any deeper than 6'. RM owner came out to site and assured me it was deep enough. Next problem was that the heat pump did not work correctly for the first 2 months. Lots of troubleshooting, reconnection of wires, etc. and it settled down and seemed to work correctly. During this, I saw incoming fluid temp at around 35F in coldest months (vice 50F noted in literature). RM says that's OK as long as I see a 4-5 degree difference in outgoing temp. What I'm not sure of though is if heat pump efficiency is affected by having to extract the heat from colder liquid or if the main issue is just extracting the 4-5 degrees of heat.

LR

Cedar hill TX

"Another Carrier catastrophe"

Buy anything other than a Carrier, customer service is lousy/none. Will not last through warranty period. Example: blower motor quits, service tech says it could be the motor or the controller on the end of the motor, but cannot tell, have to send it to Carrier. In order to get your a/c working in over 90 degree weather, you have to get a motor and controller assembly that will take over a week. Then you have to wait for Carrier to determine which is bad, or both. And customer will have to pay the difference. We have had Goodman, Rheem and in my opinion, the best Trane. All lasted 10 years or better, with very few problems, not at all like Carrier.

Roger Davis

Lucedale, MS

"P.O.S."

Another corporate ripoff. They could give you the unit at the stupidly excessive prices for repair parts. Indoor fan lasted less than 10 years – $1,800 to replace failed fan motor.

Dan Vaught

Virginia

"Complete disaster"

The Infinity 18 SEER puron based heat-pump (4-ton) has been a complete disaster, as far as reliability. The invertor board has been replaced twice and the unit is now down again. It has all the bells and whistles, but absolutely no reliability. My installer/contractor says Carrier is working on a fix, but absolutely no feedback from them. Carrier needs to step up and fix problem that has been going on for well over several years now. We are senior citizens with health problems and cannot continue in this mode. We need to have some resolution ASAP. The system was purchased in 2014 for $11,500, and was supposed to be top of the line. Carrier is not standing by their product.

Michael Lenzo

Melbourne, FL

"Blower Motor Fault after only 36 months & poor customer service"

Do not buy a Carrier. The blower motor on our $12,000 unit has faulted out after only 36 months. Carrier warranties their ac units for 5 years; however, they charge a ridiculous $176 warranty processing fee and the labor is of course not covered. I tried to negotiate no fee or a lower fee with customer service and the rep I spoke to was very flippant. I fear what other problems may occur with this system if after such a short time something like this has happened. Do not buy Carrier.

Tina Jett