Carrier Furnace Reviews

"Not reliable furnace"

Furnace less than 2 years old and problems already surfaced. Lots of problems in the third year, including pressure switch malfunctioning and the motor flooding with water. Couldn't stand severe cold weather in Toronto. Service team slow to respond. Be aware furnace may stop working in severe cold weather and would cause you lots of money and time to fix. They don't have a good reputation.

H. Chow

Markham, Ontario, Canada

"Dead after 5.5 years"

Installed in May 2010. Serviced regularly. On Dec 22, 2015 it passed a service check. On January 17, 2015 the furnace quit. CO monitors in house went off. Diagnosed as a failed secondary heat exchanger. Carrier offered a secondary heat exchanger at no cost but $1000 labour to install. The replacement heat exchanger would not be warranted. They tried to sell me another new Carrier furnace. I note that there have been class action lawsuits in British Columbia on and some US states that have resulted in Carrier paying the $1000 labour. Not so in Alberta. The installer said that there is rampant failure of the secondary heat exchanger in Carrier furnaces at around the 5 year mark. They are busy with calls. There has been one fire. When our furnace failed the exterior of the unit burned my fingers when I touched it. Buyer beware of Carrier! I replaced he Carrier with a Goodman that has a warranty that includes total unit replacement.

B. Halliday

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Not a happy camper"

After 2 years the trouble began. I spent over 2 thousand in the 9 years that I had this unit. It crapped out again, both exchangers went. This was the last straw for me. Do these outfits think we're rich? I cannot afford the product that they sell. It's garbage.

D Amyotte

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

"Reliable furnace"

I have owned a Carrier furnace for about 15 years. It was purchased new with the house when I moved in. It has been a great furnace and very reliable. I have only had to change the filters and have not had to make any major repairs other than replacing a converter on the AC unit compressor outside which really isn't part of the furnace. I recently had the furnace inspected and the technician said it is running like new. It is also very efficient and I rarely have a heating bill over $150 in the winter. I would recommend this furnace to anyone in the market to purchase one.

Davenport,ia

"Carrier does not last to expectation"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

I have had the unit for only 7 years and the secondary heat exchanger perforated and I have to replace the entire furnace.

S. Chu