Carrier Furnace Reviews

"Carrier 59tp6"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

The noise level is terrible. What a racket. Carrier claims that the unit is very quiet. It gives our family headaches. When Carrier was contacted (our local installer was no help), they would not deal with our concerns. A terrible company with a terrible product.

John Paulik

Arlington Heights, IL

"DONT BUY THIS MODEL 58MVC"

Bought this furnace 6 years ago, thought it would at least last me at least 10 years before repairs, oh how wrong I was. Last year before the 5 year parts warranty expired the blower fan motor went. Had that repaired and serviceman stated they were having issues with this part. Fortunately for me it went just before the parts warranty expired. Now not even on the 6th anniversary of the install, it keeps cutting out on me. Serviceman came and said heat exchanger is no good. Also stated that they have been having numerous issues with this models heat exchanger. In addition, the replacement heat exchangers have been having issues and needing replacement after one year. And oh guess what, I am advised that you only get it replaced one time. So now it's pay $1100 for labour to replace heat exchanger or buy new furnace. You would think Carrier would stand behind a piece of junk like this and replace it for free, especially with all the complaints and parts replacements. Probably crossing fingers their waiting for warranties run out.

Extremely Fustrated

Canada

"Will not honor warranty"

Their 10 year warranty is only valid if you register it. No one will tell you this when you purchase their product. Plus, it just pays parts, all the labor you are responsible for. I have had a unit for 3 years and my bill is already $1,475.00

David clements

Northport, AL

"Poor quality control"

This unit is installed in January 2009 since then it has gone through a motor modulate ($900) and now a secondary heat exchanger ($700) poor quality control in my humble opinion. Do I put new unit in or continue to poor $ into this one? Carrier has us over a barrel. This model # is 58mvc100-f-1—20

Tim Israels.

Kalamazoo, MI

"Horrible Customer Service"

It's been 18 days since this happened but I'm still ticked off enough to write a review. On December 23, we had to call a repair man to come in because our heat wasn't working. He said he needed to order a part from Carrier to fix it. Now, I understand that everybody wants to spend the holidays with their families, but this was Friday the 23rd. They had closed at noon and were charging an extra $100 for "overtime pay" so on top of our repair bill was an extra $100 because this lazy company was closed at noon. I mean come on, everybody works on the 23rd. To make it even worse, we called around 12:30, so we just missed them. They had barely started their holiday, it wouldn't have been a huge inconvenience for them to get us a part. Anyways, that experience just put a sour taste in my mouth. You better believe the next furnace we have will not be a Carrier brand.

Jenny