Carrier Furnace Reviews

"HVAC Service Tech"

Neutral

I've worked almost exclusively with these furnaces for almost 2 years. The heat exchanger problems are real in both the 80% and 90% furnaces. Most of the units will only require a new igniter after 5-10years and inducer failure in about 15 years. Easy to work on, parts are readily available. I would put one in my home. It's true that the installation matters. Some problems with the GE made ecm variable speed motors. As far as their Heatpumps go, they are pretty good. For some reason they route the vapor pressure sensor wire were it shorts to the chassis of the outdoor unit in about 1-2 years. It's been a problem for over a year and they still haven't fixed it. They need to use heavier insulation on their low voltage control wiring at the outdoor unit! Recently, they have been having q/c issues with their indoor coils having leaks, not sure what the root cause is.

HVAC Service Tech

Seattle, WA

"President"

I have been installing carrier equipment for the last 4 years. I will not install any other brand if I can help it. Since then, customer satisfaction & comfort increased and call backs decreased. Sounds Like most of these unsatisfied people have more of a problem with a poor installation, not poor engineering. Maybe research the contractor not the product. If any brand equipment is not installed or retrofitted properly, it will not operate properly. Maybe there should have been modifications to the duct system, perhaps the technician follows a poor installation procedure. I stand behind Carriers strong product line.

Atlee Air

Richmond, Va.

"Unhappy"

I have only had this furnace for 6 years and it already has a crack in the heat exchanger, I keep the filters clean and have it checked once year. The local Carrier people who installed it told me that Carrier will give me the heat exchanger for free, I just have to pay the labor, $900. The tech told me that they are having a lot of problems with it. He sees the problem at least 3 times a week. I will never buy a Carrier again.

Lester Nelson

Lacey, WA

"Carrier 58PAV"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

The furnace performed well, until recently. We had an issue with our central air system, and had the entire system inspected. During the inspection it was determined that the heat exchanger is cracked and the blower was in need of replacement. The total repair cost was estimated to be in the neighborhood of $1,300. The service technician informed us that the cracked heat exchanger is a known issue with this furnace. Even if Carrier will cover the part under their warranty, it will still cost approximately $900-$1,000 to repair. We are very disappointed as we expected our furnace life to be 15-20 years. We will definitely go with another brand for our replacement!!

P Smith