Carrier Furnace Reviews

"secondary heat exchanger failed beginning at year 11"

No heat after the first cold snap of 2019 season. Diagnosed at failed secondary heat exchanger. Awaiting word on who will be paying for this fix. Started having problems last season but was never properly diagnosed.
Carrier and Syracuse have had long time ties, but my next furnace here in Syracuse, N.Y. won't be coming from Carrier!

C. Greenfield

"Stay away"

2 carrier mvb furnaces, 2 failed heat exchangers both within 6 months of each other.

craig wright

Alberta

"Unbelievable part mark up"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Installed our unit in 2007. In the last few years, we experienced an unnerving sound when the inducer started, which stopped after a few seconds, then ran normally. The furnace always functioned perfectly despite this initial noise at startup. I concluded that the inducer was the problem and researched replacing the whole assembly because no one sold just the inducer motor. I replaced the whole unit with a Carrier replacement assembly which cost $829 Canadian plus I was required to replace the pressure switches to qualify for the 1-year warranty on the inducer assembly. I disassembled the inducer assembly, (Carrier says it cannot be done), thinking that the inducer motor bearings caused the sound. I was wrong. The inducer motor and bearings were fine. The plastic fan disk was what made the noise. It had several cracks that radiated from the center to the perimeter of the disk. If held up to a light, you could clearly see the cracks. The sound was produced when the disk rotated at a specific speed then stopped when the RPMs increased. I was told that Carriers corporate strategy was to mark up the cost of genuine replacement parts, in my case by 6000%

Stephen Bourque

Whitby, Ontario

"Carrier Furnace = POS"

My furnace is so new, it is not even in the drop-down menu for model numbers. The model is cnvp/cnpvt high efficiency gas furnace. It was installed in July of 2016. Turned it on remotely from work on a Friday afternoon and when I arrived home, there was no heat. Called for after-hours service at $145 (just to walk in the door) and it was diagnosed as a bad gas valve. They do not carry the part, so I have to wait until next week to have it repaired and will have no heat until then. Totally unacceptable for a 2-year-old, $6,500 furnace/AC to fail in two years. I 100% do not recommend any Carrier product. Maybe they would have been better off moving production to Mexico since it's obvious they make junk here. To throw salt on the wound even further, the tech said only the part would be covered and I will still have to pay the labor. Total bs!

Dan

Cleveland, OH

"Draft motor assembly failure"

We purchased and installed the Carrier furnace Infinity ics in April 2010. We had expectations that it would outlast our previous furnace unit (it was 17 years old when we replaced it). We we trying to get out in front of a future failure. We purchased Carrier because of its high quality reputation. Today, 8/14/2018, we were informed that the draft motor assembly must be replaced, which will cost about $1,000 (including installation). Upon calling Carrier, they indicated that our parts warranty expired after 5 years, so they have no recourse, and will not mitigate the failure in any way. While the rep on the front line was very empathetic, the next person I talked to, Stephanie, a senior customer service rep, was very adept at, "you are on your own," attitude. I am very disappointed in the lack of concern about the quality of the product and the reputation of Carrier. We probably would not purchase product again. For all of those out there who will shrug and say "mechanical products break". My response is yes, but for a product touted as high quality, (and I might add expensive), it should last longer than 8 years.

Nancy MORGAN