Carrier Boiler Reviews

"Carrier"

Purchased a carrier gas direct vent condensing hot water boiler 10 years ago. I paid labor charges of $1500 for replacing the cracked boiler block. Also replaced air blower, two main control panels,and three ignitors, etc. Carrier should not sell these unreliable boilers.

RL

Flanders, NJ

"Couldn't ask for a better Boiler!"

When we shopped for a new "old" home in 2011, we specifically looked at the condition of the boilers. Most were old wrecks that would need to be replaced almost immediately. Our choice was the Carrier Performance 84 Gas Boiler, model BW3, and we couldn't be happier! It was a unit that neatly fit into the somewhat small space in our low-ceiling basement; the 84% efficiency is proving to be the absolute correct choice for our 2400 square foot, 2 story home! Quiet and dependable, I always know we won't have any "cold morning surprises" as we did with the boiler at our previous home, (a 90% efficiency model but not a Carrier) that needed servicing many, many times! There is nothing like the silent, cozy heat generated from radiators or baseboards – thanks, Carrier, for a great product!

Homewood, IL

"Newer Gas Boiler Works Well"

Somewhat Satisfied

We had the Carrier gas boiler installed in a rental home we own about one year ago. While it is not the most efficient model (it's only an 80 percent efficient model), it works pretty well and heats the 1800 square foot house quickly. While we explored getting a more efficient boiler, we decided that the costs of the unit outweighed the operational savings (of a higher efficiency unit). Our tenants love the heat that it provides and they said that the gas bills for its use are reasonable. We have not had to have any service or repairs on the unit yet and based on how it's working so far, we don't believe there is any reason that it will need repairs in the near future. At this point, we would not hesitate to purchase this boiler again and would recommend the unit to family and friends, especially to those trying to save money in upfront costs.

Middletown, PA

"Carrier gas boiler that has been in my house since it was built in 1995"

I've owned the boiler for a year and a half when I moved into my current house. The boiler is probably 20 years old if I had to guess. It works and distributes warm air right away. When I turn it off during the day, I'll come home and the temperature will increase by 5 degrees within several minutes. I have not had a problem with it since I've had it. It takes no time at all to heat up my 1,500 square foot home. No repairs yet, but may have some in the future as the boiler is getting pretty old. I would buy the same brand, as nothing has happened that would make we want to switch.

amarillo, tx

"It works alright, but it's noisy"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

I've owned this boiler for about 2 years now. I actually replaced the boiler in my house with this one, when the other one started to go bad. The boiler works, and hasn't had any major problems so far. It heats the house fairly quickly, and there haven't been that many times where it noticeably failed at heating the house. However, the boiler is ridiculously noisy. You can hear it over the TV, and especially in the kitchen. The only places in the house that you cannot hear it are upstairs. I am really disappointed by the amount of noise that it makes, and I would replace it in a heartbeat if I had the money. I have never had to repair or replace this current boiler, so I don't have any experience with the customer service. I wouldn't recommend this brand to anyone, because of how loud the boiler is. If it was quieter, I would think about it, because the boiler does work properly and doesn't have any major faults besides the noise.

Leander, TX