Burnham Furnace Reviews

"Defective unit – 3 installed in 15 years!"

My first Burnham was installed in 1997. It failed in 2007. My second Burnham was then installed and it failed in 2010. I spent $1200 per month in our last heating season (11/10 to 3/11) – and that wa for minimum heat – I had to keep the thermostat set at 74 degrees 24/7. The block was cracked and Burnam told me it was because I had bad water!!–I am trying to purse a class action- interested? –also planning on going to small claims court.

Marilyn Hurley

Salem MA 01970

"Start reporting bad companies!"

Burnham is not a BBB rated comapny but you can still file complaints against them via the BBB website. If there are enough pissed off consumers perhaps someone will take notice and maybe in the future Burnham will be forced to recall faulty units (as opposed to offering credits to angry customers). My furnace is 14 years old, I am the original owner, and I am angry about being at the mercy of shoddy craftsmanship and poor business practices. I reported my issue to the BBB as well as my state's Attorney General and Department of Consumer Protection.

LC

CT

"Leaking furnace"

I had the burnham furnace installed when I purchased the house. It was part of my building package. For the first few years it was fine. But over the past 5 years it has been leaking water from different places. It just shuts off randomly. I just spent 800 dollars having different things replaced and now it heats water when it wants to. Frustrated.

W. Bickford

Maine

"V73 – eleven years old"

I have a Burnham who's ten year old core leaks like a pig. What is disheartening are the repair options. Really would like to more information on anyone claiming a leaking core costs less than $2.5 thousand to repair. Heck, given my price quotes, I think I would be willing to spring for a plane ticket for any repair person who can get it done for that price.

peeing Burnhams

Danbury

"Cracked boiler"

Bought my house 6 years ago – furnace was couple of years old. My boiler is cracked – just like everyone else is saying. Single mother of 3 and no way to repalce this – wont be buying Burnham.

Julie Haas