Burnham Furnace Reviews

"Burnham is a Great Brand"

I just checked the service record on this furnace and it dates back to 1982 – it is 33 years old as of 2015! We have lived in this home for twelve years and aside from having the ignition switch repaired a couple of times, it has always been reliable and heats the home well. Our house is large with three floors and a vaulted ceiling, and I can get the place nice and toasty just by putting the thermostat at 72 degrees. There is nothing that I dislike about the furnace, except for its clunky appearance and the dust & cobwebs that accumulate on it, but that would be my fault. We have a service contract and have it looked at annually so it always runs efficiently. I would definitely get the same brand again and would refer this type of furnace to anyone who was in the market for one.

Northport, NY

"Don't ever buy Burnham products"

Furnace lasted 5 years 1 month. Leaks from a crack in the casting. Only fix for this is a new furnace since the guarantee was 5 years. They said I would have to ship it to the manufacturer (my cost) and they would determine if they will cover it. Just read the comments here, they have known these were defective for years. Do not buy anything from them.

Don

Wallkill, NY

"Joining the Burnham Leaker Club"

I replaced a long-service Columbia oil furnace about 13 years ago with a Burnham furnace. I thought I was buying top-of-the-line. My Burnham unit is now leaking profusely from the cast iron core, and my technician says it is kaputsky. I was shocked with the news, but the shock has turned into plain old anger. As a young man, I was around the trades, and always heard my HVAC friends tell me that Burnham heating units were bottom-grade. Naturally, when my furnace contractor told me 13 years ago he was installing a Burnham unit, I challenged his sanity. He assured me that Burnham made good equipment and I should have no concern. Yeah…right!

Marion E Frost

Baltimore, MD

"V73 Perfect after 16 years"

When I built my house in 1998, I installed a Burnham V73, 105 MBH furnace set up with a hydro air system. I bought it at a trade show along with two friends, who also bought one each. Mine went into a heated basement. Both of the others went into old houses. The other two began leaking within 5 years and at almost the same time. The others were in cold basements. Mine has yet to spring a leak or cause a problem of any kind. I've gone 3 or more years without servicing at times. Last service was 2 years ago (service man is coming). My friend who installs boilers thinks my good luck is due to the furnace being my only source of hot water. It never cools off, so there's no expansion and contraction. He thinks (he's never seen it) it could be on low fire also. I check for leaks every time I'm in the basement; so far, so good.

Mike Ferrigno

Ashaway, RI

"Poor design"

Looks like poor fabrication as my furnace is losing water only after 14 years. I complained on facebook and they blocked me from making comments. Stay away from Burnham: many problems, poor customer service and they block you if they don't like what you say (other than that they are a marvelous company). DG

DAVID GLADSTONE