BUDERUS Boiler Reviews

"Quality"

Having read many of these reviews, all of the 1 star reviews of this product are coming from frustrated homeowners. They have had failures of their heating systems and feel the need and responsibility to spread the word. If you read these reviews carefully, all of the 5 star reviews come from HVAC/Heating professionals. That leads me to believe that this is the boiler of choice for those professionals that are installing them. Buderus is an excellent boiler, it isn't by accident that the company has existed for around 280 years! I am in the HVAC industry and work closely with this boiler line. They have a less than 1% out-of-box failure rate. My job is to service heating equipment, and I will tell you first hand that the majority of issues that exist in the field are installer error. No manufacturer will openly tell a homeowner that their contractor screwed it up since they want to continue to get their business moving forward – contractors will rarely be repeat customers if the manufacturer "throws them under the bus". Manufacturers like Buderus instead encourage education of their products. If you are looking for the best boiler, then you needn't look any further. This boiler is at the top. However, regardless of the product, industry, or technology, if it isn't installed or maintained properly, the product will fail. If you put diesel fuel into a car that requires regular gas, it will fail – doesn't matter who made it. If you put 230v to a microwave that needs 110v, it will fail. If you put a Blu-ray DVD into a regular DVD player, it will fail. All of the best components are just that, components. Buderus boilers are the best boilers that you can put into a heating system, however, if the contractor that you hire isn't familiar with them and/or hasn't been educated on how to properly install them, the heating system will be a jumble of components trying to work, sometimes not being able to do so. When choosing a product, choose carefully. When you are choosing a contractor, don't go by price or flashy advertisements – do your homework. Read reviews of the contractor – those reviews are much more indicative than are product reviews. Check boiler manufacturers' websites. Do you see the contractor listed as a certified installer? If not, the manufacturer has probably never worked with them. Make sure that the person doing it is qualified.

Tim W.

New York, NY

"No thanks"

My new house (December 2014) came with a Buderus boiler and I have had nothing but trouble with it. We live in northern Canada and therefore we can't afford to have a 'lemon' for a boiler. This boiler goes out about 5-6 times per year with several different fault codes. I have been using NTI boilers in several buildings I have built over the past couple of years and have zero problems with them. I may change the one in my house now.

Johnny O

Yellowknife, NT Canada

"No words to describe this fiasco"

We installed the Logamax plus GB142 during a total reconstruction project about nine years ago. From the time of installation, until today, we have had no less then 15 service calls (maybe more) on the boiler and corresponding air exchangers. It has been one thing or another, pumps, condensate trap, technician saying that it does not need an annual service, etc., etc., etc. We go away for the winter and for the last three years during the winter, our boiler has shut down at least a dozen times. In all my years of owning a home and dealing with cold Northeast winters, I have never in my life experienced more trouble with the heating system then with the Buderus GB142. In addition, their technical support has been either nonexistent, rude, or not helpful at all. If I could afford it, I would rip the whole thing out and install something reliable. The company should be ashamed of themselves.

D. Rubin

Boston, MA

"Big waste of $"

Going on 5 years with this boiler and averaged at least 2 service calls each season in addition to an annual tuneup. Consumes more oil than my old klunker. Buderous tech support is useless. I asked for a field engineer to inspect my unit and Buderus ignored my request. Stay away from Buderus.

alex cornella

Blairstown, NJ

"Horrible–need class action!"

Our Buderus boiler began failing in its sixth year due to the aluminum heat exchanger and the service people cannot fix it. This is clearly a model that was junk from the beginning. The comment about needing a good installer is really beside the point when it is the inside aluminum that is the failure. We were told this was expensive but great quality–we were had! Need to get replacement ASAP.

Peg M.