Bryant Furnace Reviews

"Totally inept installers and service"

I purchased this Bryant a few years back and had a very bad experience with the installers. The equipment itself is not the issue. It had performed very well until last spring, when it developed a problem. It would not come up to temperature and start the blower. I called a different service provider. They diagnosed the problem as a circuit board and charged me nearly $500 to replace it. I had to call them back later that same day because it continued to do the same thing. They came back out(no charge) and cut the exhaust pipe to find rocks in the pipe, as well as a negative slope which caused water to condensate in the tube. The tech got a shower when he cut it! They were barely out of the driveway when I caught my dear granddaughter again putting rocks in the tube. They had dumped the rocks right under the tube, too much of a temptation for a three year old. This time I cut the PVC, emptied the rocks myself and installed a mesh in the tube. This fall, when it turned cold, I was on the patio when I heard it gurgling like it was drowning. I was able to determine that another horizontal piece of the pipe had a negative slope to it(near the furnace). I wedged a piece of fence post under the far end of it and watched the water drain out of it for a good two minutes. I can't help but wonder what I paid for. Poor workmanship on the part of both companies. I own several levels and know how to use them.

D.R. Pistoff

Roseville, MN

"JUNK!!!"

Had this furnace (if you want to call it that) installed back in 2004. Every year something goes wrong! Every year! 4-5 igniters, Gas valve! Blower motor noise. I will never ever buy a Carrier or Bryant ever! Big waste of money. Extremely disappointed! I have read so many negatives on this furnace. One would think they would honer a recall because of all the issues with this model. Oh well, live and learn the hard way. I know the best advertising is word of mouth and I will never have a good thing to say about this company.

Don

MN

"Bryant's Come-on Warranty"

20 years ago, I bought this furnace because I thought Bryant was a good reliable brand and it had a lifetime heat exchanger warranty. Every single fall start-up since then, something went wrong and I had to replace something from circuit boards to igniters to motors to flame sensors and almost every other component inside. This winter the heat exchanger sprang a leak. I wrote to Bryant about the warranty but never got a reply. I then called a Bryant dealer who charged me $85 just to confirm that it was an in warranty failure. I was astounded! One day later, I had a new Lennox furnace put into my basement and I've washed my hands of Bryant forever.

M. Gene

Dupage County, IL

"Poor Design of Components"

Installed nine years ago. Have had four repairs, one under warranty. Each time it has a defective design of a component. Component replacements working so far, but out of warranty expenses have reached $1100. Can no longer recommend this brand.

H. Kranz