Bryant Furnace Reviews

"Never Had A Problem"

We have not had any problems at all with our furnace. It is 19 years old. It is fairly quiet and warms quite well for a gas furnace. I would buy another Bryant.

Sue Steyert

Stewartstown, PA

"350mav060120"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

120,000btu 90 plus furnace purchased in 1995. Leaves got sucked into intake on 2nd year. Furnace out that night 20 below zero. The following year ready for this and cleaned out intake in late fall. Circuit board blew after 5 years, again in middle of night and below zero. 9 years out secondary heat exchanger goes out. Carbon monoxide kills all plants in the house. We're still alive, not sure how. Apparently there was a recall on the model that we were all neglected to be contacted on. They were apparently waiting for us to report the furnace failure, possibly by coroner's report(?). Corrosion in burners from failure causes flames to be shot onto side of combustion box essentially cutting into the side of the box. Remedy? we were given a couple of hundred dollars to apply to a new BRYANT furnace if we so choose… We chose an electric plenum heater which has saved us a few thousand dollars over lp gas the past 4 years.

Robert O.

Minnesota

"What a headache!!!!!"

My wife and I built our dream house and we got a Bryant ac system the "Evolution System". After looking over the 43 page manual, we still can't figure out how to, just like with the cheesy old thermostat, just turn it on to set temp and turn it off with out reprogramming all the time. If I could, I would scrap the new fangled 20 which way programmable unit for an old style in a heartbeat!! If you don't have a phd in computer science, don't get this unit!!!!!!!!

Chris Brunner

"Replacement Parts for Air Cleaner"

Contacted Bryant Corp for a replacement part for my electronic air cleaner. I was told that Bryant replacement parts has to be ordered from a Bryant Distributor by a dealer so I've called 4 dealers in my area who will replace the unit at the tune of $1200.00 but don't have time to order a part. Gonna call Bryant again to see if they can get a dealer to cooperate.

Addie Jackson

"There are lemons once in a while."

I have been reading the reviews posted. And I wonder how many others actually have an issue with their systems? I am writing this because there is always a possibility of getting a "lemon"! I just had to, after 25 years, replace my Bryant A/C system. It was installed in June of 1985 and although there was a couple of times I had to have a service call, the worse being a relay issue both times, I never had my units fail. I just replaced my whole system with a Heil unit to price. Otherwise I would have bought another Bryant. The furnace still worked when it was replaced, but the outside compressor/coil unit was hit with lightning two years ago and that is the only reason it stopped working. Never had an issue with it. I understand that it is frustrating to spend a large sum of money on a unit to have issues with it, but to be so pissed off and tell others that a manufacturers unit is junk is absurd. They are like anything else mechanical, sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you don't. Automobiles are a perfect example! IMO, Bryant is a great unit based on my previous experience. I will have to report on the Heil after it has had some time to be in use.

J. D. C.