Bryant Furnace Reviews

"High Efficiency Gas Furnace"

We have a Bryant (Labeled Carrier) 90 % efficient gas furnace. From day one this furnace has been trouble. We joke with our friends that it saves a lot of gas because it always shuts down when it gets really cold outside. Calls to the manufacture have lead no where. AVOID this piece of junk.

R. Wanner

Chicago

"Plus 90, Junk that needs too many repairs"

Endless repairs that cost more than it would cost to operate an older lower efficiency unit. Design lets birds come into exhaust and build nests in the furnace! Bryant's response was that "you live near wildlife'! Duh..I have birds in my area..wow. Also the main board failed, the igniter failed, the flame sensor failed and on it goes. The igniter is located in a spot that makes it nearly impossible to replace..other brands make it easy. No more Bryant for me! They make the furnaces in my city..too bad I have to buy another brand next time!

A Burk

Indianapolis, IN

"Great equipment its your contractors."

I have installed and serviced many Bryant units and while they are a little more compact for the service techs to work in they are amazing systems. From what I have been reading it seems as though proper sizing and installation of these units was failed to be done for paying customers. Completely understandable that there is disatisfaction but I believe it should be directed towards the contractors who are not properly sizing and installing these units. Many contractors " get it done " while ignoring important steps to insure the consumer gets the quality they are paying for.

Steve

"Terry Carver"

Our Bryant 90 plus & air is around 8 years old. I can't give dates and hadn't thought much about it until I read all the reviews. In the short time we've had this furnace, the igniter has been replaced 3 times, circuit board once and now the fan cage has broken off it's shaft. Three of those times was during the worst part of the winter and it took 3 days to have it repaired. Our old furnace had been here since the late 60's and the only thing I had to do was replace the igniter 2 or 3 times. This unit is junk and not dependable.

Terry Carver

Fenton, Missouri

"Bryant Plus 90 short life"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Installed a Bryant Plus90 in 1997. Normal maintenance. A few minor problems until heat exchanger went and furnace needed to be replaced after 13 years. Disappointed in the life span of unit. Would not buy another one.

K. Reiners