Bryant Furnace Reviews

"Boeing 747"

First mistake was buying a Bryant furnace as it has been nothing but a joke since new and is now just 5 years old, Model 340 M.A.V and is included in the models with bad heat exchangers and it appears Carrier just ignores this problem ,maybe it will take a death to ignite some action. It has at times sounded on ignition like a 747 going down the runway preparing for take-off. at other ignition times no noise at all other then normal sound. Two service technicians have checked it out plus the installer and the same old crap, one lowered the manifold gas pressure and the next raised it back up to print specs as he said that was a no-no.I will never buy another Bryant product,once stung is lesson enough.If anyone has this same problem i would appreciate the solution ,before i scrap this piece of junk.

ricky

St Catharines Canada

"Buy another brand"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Another winter, another breakdown. Bought new 1/17/07. Heat exchanger had to be changed in Dec 09. 29 Dec 2010 had to replace the seized blower motor. When it works, it heats properly and did somewhat lower my bills compared to the previous furnace. Buts thats the problem – its constantly breaking down. The original dealer that I bought it from went out of business so I have to go to another contractor that doesn't honor the Bryant warranty. BUY SOME OTHER BRAND

YOOPER AL

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

"Bryant 350 MAV High Efficiency"

Furnace worked great for the first 4-5 years. My mom paid $10,000 to install this plus new ductwork. I moved into the house after she passed away just to find the heat exchanger had rusted through. This causes the main burner box to overheat, then the furnace shuts down. Original installer wouldn't call back. Took it apart myself and found the secondary heat exchanger was "rust proofed" by coating the narrow steel passages with plastic. The steel rusted from the moist/cooled/condensing exhaust gasses, then the plastic and rust plugged the exhaust passages creating backpressure that shuts down the furnace. Used propane torch to burn out all plastic, then pressure washer and air to blow out rust pieces. I know this is crazy dangerous, but I'm not in a mood to buy another until I research who makes condensing furnaces that won't rust the secondary heat exchanger quite so fast. Some people make stainless steel heat exchangers for not that much more. So far I've squeezed 3 extra winters of use out of this crappy furnace, but I see the flame color is not a nice blue flame anymore–starting to choke up and burn yellow. DO NOT BUY any high efficiency/condensing furnace that does'nt have a stainless steel heat exchanger!!!

Brent Glaser

Halleck, Nevada

"2 months out of warranty"

Bought a Bryant furnace brand new 5 years and 4 months ago. It must have planned obsolesence. Two major parts are broken now and will cost $1500 plus labor to fix. I called Bryant, which gives you the old sorry out of warranty speech. I am at the point of maybe replacing the furnace because of the fear this is just the tip of the iceberg and will turn into a money pit. So I would not recommend a Bryant ot Carrier system to anyone.

MikeButt

Silver Sprin MD

"The value of reviews"

Neutral

To J.D.C.: If someone is "pissed off" with their furnace, that is what this column is for, to tell other people that they are not satisfied with the poor quality of the furnace, etc. that they bought. To see that Bryant (and some other makes) have only a 50% satisfaction rate is outrageous. By chastizing people for warning others about shoddy manufacturer and poor follow-up service by company outlets, it wouldn't surprise me that you are a Bryant dealer or maybe a company rep who is trying to sidetrack the issues.

J. Farpoint