Bryant Air Conditioner Reviews

"Poor qualitly and poor customer service"

I would not recommend purchasing Bryant products. They claim to have 10 year warranty but it comes with quite a few loopholes. We have a very expensive Bryant thermostat that failed after 5 years and 4 months and they refused to replace it or work with us at all. I call customer service and before I could complete my statement they responded with we do not honor warranty extensions. (Even though it wasn't even an extension.)

C Lehner

Midlothian, VA

"Nightmare!"

Unit installed less than 3 years, compressor failed and have to be replaced to the tune of $1900. After negotiating with service provider, my out of pocket for installation of replacement parts service calls and electricians is $1300. I'm being told by Bryant that all they're responsible for is providing the part, not to include the refrigerant. I hope this is not starting to be a nightmare of part issues and me having to bear the expense of having to pay for installation. Sad

S. Seay

Ohio

"Bryant air conditioner"

Bryant all in one heat and air. Piece of junk. 2 years new and has broke down 6 times. 1. Just stops working, found burnt wires from factory 2. Low on freon 3. Too much freon 4. Blower stops working freezing up 5. Stops working. I'm sitting in Florida with 95 degrees and no a/c again!!!!!!!!!!

Ernest Spalding

Ruskin, FL

"My unit, which was chosen by a supposedly reputable company, needed a very expensive repair before I had even finished paying"

My unit, which was chosen by a supposedly reputable company, needed a very expensive repair before I had even finished paying it off! Original price with install $7100. Repair: almost $2000. Took less than five years, so it would have been more expensive if the part hadn't been under warranty. Reaction from the reputable company? "Well they don't make things like they used to."

JC Tullo

Los Angeles, CA

"Factory defect or poor quality of A/C"

I purchased my Bryant a/c 2 years ago. I had a leak which the technician said was a factory defect repaired 2 days before one year was up. This year (the second year) the leak occurred in the same location again. It was a leak repair on liquid line 90 degrees at the compressor. It was $5,000 for this 5 ton a/c which I had to borrow money to pay for it. I am a 75 year old widow who lives on Social Security. Do you know how many months of Social Security it would take for me to pay for this? I paid $150 today for the repair again. One month ago I had maintenance service done and paid $50.00. I would never buy this unit again.

Elaine Novosel