Armstrong Air Heat Pump Reviews

"Would not reccomend"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

I had a 3 ton unit installed in my home along with a new electric furnace 5 years ago. I have had no major issues other than not being able to keep the house warm in the winter until this summer. Went to start up the a/c and the compressor was junk. Now, I am being told it could cost anywhere from $450-$1000 to replace a compressor (that was under a 10 year warranty)… I was told the compressor is free, but the labor and all of the other parts that are required to be replaced by Armstrong are not. Seems to me like it would just be cheaper to replace the heat pump instead of the free compressor!!

B. H.

"Arnstrong HeatPump/Airconditioner"

I have gone through two winters with this heat pump. It has not worked and is still not working after 17 months. The installer has spent hours trying to fix one problem after another. Replacing one part after another. Repairs last days, then no heat pump again.

Richard Thompson

"JUNK"

Bought this unit June 2008. Existing unit went out after 10 years, not repairable. Armstrong was the only available unit on Friday afternoon. After 14 months of service, compressor failed. Compressor was covered under warranty had to pay labor and freon for a total of $888.00. Three months later, fan goes out so I have to pay labor again. It has had several leaks that cost me even more. Now, it sets outside and know one knows what the problem with it is.

Wayne Medlin

"Armstrong"

I have installed an Armstrong since 1995 and was satisfied until 2006 when they changed styles and went to the 410a version. We used it until 2008 and decided we had enough. Every unit we installed from 2006-2008 has been worked on constantly, and my customers are highly pissed over it, rightly deserved. When I call for tech support, I get no help at all from Armstrong. This has led me to use other brands now. I hear Armstrong is feeling the lack of business from dealers like myself shifting their business elsewhere. So beware. Don't get stuck with an Armstrong air, Airease and Ducane product.

Ja

"Yet Another UNHAPPy customer"

Installed heat pump on new house three years ago. Leak in coolant, installer said it was a manufacture defect and should be covered under warranty. Well, needless to say, I got a bill because Armstrong would not back their work!! I guess how can you blame them. They must know something we don't… If they won't back it, why should the consumer trust them? This will be the last Armstrong unit I will own.

Loper125